Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LANDING / PR in 2 weeks, what do I need?

LANDING / PR in 2 weeks, what do I need?

Old Oct 6th 2010, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice
Default LANDING / PR in 2 weeks, what do I need?

Hi,

My family are landing in Ontario in just over two weeks and I have had a look around here and found bits and pieces about landing. I am now a bit confused because I found a form to complete on the CIC website for Permenent Residency Cards.

What do we need to land and get our PR card?

. Confirmation of PR form (The big sheet of carbon paper with our photos on)
. Passports
. Birth certificates
. Goods Accompanying Form

Do I need to complete this form and take with me?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5444E.pdf

ALSO,

If we are just going for a vacation, getting our cards, SINS and coming back again do they usually ask for the Goods Accompanying Form?
Do we need to do two, one for the goods we have with us on our holiday and then one for the goods we'll bring in when we finally move?
What if we buy new things between making this list and finally going?

Thanks for any help you can provide
Old Oct 6th 2010, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice
Default Re: LANDING / PR in 2 weeks, what do I need?

Oh and one other thing, I have always been of the understanding that as we obtained our PR with an AEO then we do not have to prove funds on landing, this is right isn't it?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bex1
Do I need to complete this form and take with me?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5444E.pdf
No, you don't need to complete that form. That's only if you are applying for the PR card after you have landed. But since the card will be processed when you land, you dont need to complete the above form.

Ray
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

hello, this is what I took

Passport with visas in
Form each to accompany visas with our photos on, given to us by the CIC
Goods to follow list
Goods carried list
Proof of funds
Address in Canada to send PR cards to
Old Oct 8th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ducktastic
hello, this is what I took

Passport with visas in
Form each to accompany visas with our photos on, given to us by the CIC
Goods to follow list
Goods carried list
Proof of funds
Address in Canada to send PR cards to
... if you were coming back to the UK after landing, did they ask for the good carried list?
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Do you need birth certs? My husband seems to think so but a bit concerned about taking them if not necessary.

Many thanks, we to are landing in ontario in 2 weeks

DC
Old Oct 8th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
... if you were coming back to the UK after landing, did they ask for the good carried list?
Hi
They did not ask for good to follow or good carried, but we prepared them on spreadsheets just in case.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daisychain
Do you need birth certs? My husband seems to think so but a bit concerned about taking them if not necessary.

DC
No you do not need birth certificates.
Good luck!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daisychain

DC
I've looked into getting SIN numbers and you will need your birth certificate if you want to get them on your landing trip.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Thanks for that, thats probably why he said we need to take them!

DC
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Debbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really niceDebbie1964 is just really nice

Hi all,we landed in Calgary on the 19th of september all you will need for your sin cards is your passports,as it has a copy of pr forms in it thats all they wanted.

Hope this helps.

Debbie.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:43 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bex1
I've looked into getting SIN numbers and you will need your birth certificate if you want to get them on your landing trip.
You don't need birth certificate for SIN passport and your bit of the COPR are all that is needed
Old Oct 12th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

qman8166 is on a distinguished road

Hi Bex

We landed on 13th Aug in Calgary and when we applied for our SIN No's in Canmore, we only needed passports and COPR for each person. There was and is no need for Birth Certs. We also landed and returned back to UK to finalise our affairs before we move on 24th Oct, yes, Ill say it again 24th Oct, jeez, thats next Sunday.......woohoooo

Hope that helps

Mike
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Paul H is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, we are hoping to be landing 5th Jan. Hope all goes well.
Elisa
Old Oct 12th 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by qman8166
Hi Bex

We landed on 13th Aug in Calgary and when we applied for our SIN No's in Canmore, we only needed passports and COPR for each person. There was and is no need for Birth Certs. We also landed and returned back to UK to finalise our affairs before we move on 24th Oct, yes, Ill say it again 24th Oct, jeez, thats next Sunday.......woohoooo

Hope that helps

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, did you produce and did they take your goods to follow list when you landed? I've heard that if your not staying they don't need it. We will still take one but are planning on buying other things before actually moving, as were not sure when that will be.

Wow, good luck for Sunday! We originally were coming to Calgary, loved it on our recce but don't think it will sustain my husbands industry in telecoms, so we are landing in Ontario to check that side out before making a decision. Love Sunshine, will miss it! Lol

Becky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.