LANDING ..Please advice

Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

tinag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LANDING ..Please advice

'm finally landing in Canada from USA. I will be back in USA the next day. Please let me know which place is better for landing. I'm thinking to either drive from Buffalo, NY or Detriot, MI. Please suggest a place.

What should I tell the immigration agent if he asks me why I'm going back to USA immediatly? is it OK to tell him that I'm going back to USA immediatly?I wont be carrying any significant baggage with me

Regd the address for PR card, Can I give friends address? What should I say if the agent asks me if this is my adress or my friends address?

I wont be permenantly moving to Canada untill 2009.So do I have to apply for SIN, medical insurance # etc
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LANDING ..Please advice

Originally Posted by tinag
What should I tell the immigration agent if he asks me why I'm going back to USA immediatly?
You don't have to tell the Immigration Officer that you are returning to the US the day after you land.

Regd the address for PR card, Can I give friends address? What should I say if the agent asks me if this is my adress or my friends address?
It doesn't matter if the address you give is not your address. It is quite normal to give a friends address as long as it's in Canada. Why? how can you guarantee that you'll have found and purchased and property before your PR Card is issued.

I wont be permenantly moving to Canada untill 2009.So do I have to apply for SIN, medical insurance # etc
If you aren't settling until 2009 then obviously you won't be working in Canada, therefore you don't need to apply for your SIN card or apply for medical insurance until you finally settle.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ignition is on a distinguished road

Any particular reason why you're getting PR status but not actually intending to become resident until 2009?

I'm pretty sure that that's not allowed and that you should be stripped of the PR status for not spending enough time in Canada, there is a requirement to spend a certain amount of time in Canada.

Also makes a bit of a mockery of the people who are currently stuck in the line behind you who might actually be wanting to settle straight away.

Last edited by Ignition; Nov 21st 2006 at 8:54 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ignition
Any particular reason why you're getting PR status but not actually intending to become resident until 2009?

I'm pretty sure that that's not allowed and that you should be stripped of the PR status for not spending enough time in Canada, there is a requirement to spend a certain amount of time in Canada.

Also makes a bit of a mockery of the people who are currently stuck in the line behind you who might actually be wanting to settle straight away.
Ignition,

Why do you care when I will move to Canada? I understand your concern that you are struck in the process. Everybody has gone through this. I went through the same procedue as yours.

I sincerely hope everybody who has been waiting will get their PR soon.That includes you .

Dont be rude in your comments. [text deleted by moderator]

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 22nd 2006 at 11:12 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
You don't have to tell the Immigration Officer that you are returning to the US the day after you land.

It doesn't matter if the address you give is not your address. It is quite normal to give a friends address as long as it's in Canada. Why? how can you guarantee that you'll have found and purchased and property before your PR Card is issued.

If you aren't settling until 2009 then obviously you won't be working in Canada, therefore you don't need to apply for your SIN card or apply for medical insurance until you finally settle.

Thank you for your comments
Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Ignition is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tinag
Ignition,

Why do you care when I will move to Canada? I understand your concern that you are struck in the process. Everybody has gone through this. I went through the same procedue as yours.

I sincerely hope everybody who has been waiting will get their PR soon.That includes you .
You're too kind.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/res-oblig.html

My language was swear-word free and my apologies if the truth hurts as it evidently does as you've no reasoning behind it. Asking for permanent residency then living elsewhere for 3 years is making a mockery of asking for PR.

Sorry if I hit a nerve and I'm sure the person(s) who waited extra time so you could treat Canada like a hotel until 2009 are fine with it.

Doesn't affect me particularly due to different processing times just gets my back up.

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 22nd 2006 at 11:12 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ignition
You're too kind.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/res-oblig.html

My language was swear-word free and my apologies if the truth hurts as it evidently does as you've no reasoning behind it. Asking for permanent residency then living elsewhere for 3 years is making a mockery of asking for PR.

Sorry if I hit a nerve and I'm sure the person(s) who waited extra time so you could treat Canada like a hotel until 2009 are fine with it.

Doesn't affect me particularly due to different processing times just gets my back up.

Allright Bro.

peace