Landing & Personal Items

Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:38 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice
Default Landing & Personal Items

Hi everyone and a Happy Canada Day for Sunday!

I have looked through some of the threads to see if this has been asked before, but can't see it, unless I have overlooked it.

We are planning on landing with our nomination at Calgary and get the TWP at Calgary. What I wanted to know was the following:

We are not shipping anything over (personal belongings etc) separately, our intentions are to take 2 large suitcases, one with clothes in and the other with bits and bobs and sentimental things, and start afresh when we get to Saskatchewan.

Do I need to itemise everything in the suitcases for customs? or is there any forms I should fill out. We will have nothing to follow in respect of Goods, but our Dogs will be flying in the day after, so not sure what I should do about that either.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2012, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing & Personal Items

If you are coming on a TWP then no B4 or GTF list is required as you are only temporary visitors to Canada. As for the dog what arrangements have been made to clear it when it arrives and do you know where to go?
This should answer most questions
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5082-eng.html
see this re dogs
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/.../canin3e.shtml
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:34 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If you are coming on a TWP then no B4 or GTF list is required as you are only temporary visitors to Canada. As for the dog what arrangements have been made to clear it when it arrives and do you know where to go?
This should answer most questions
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5082-eng.html
see this re dogs
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/.../canin3e.shtml
Thanks for this.

We will be coming to Canada on TWP and the PR application will start the process while we are working.

As for the dogs, we have a pet shipping company taking care of their flight over etc, and I currently work in a Vets, so all vaccs etc will be taken care of as per instructions. Not sure what I will need to do at Calgary when they arrive, as we will have arrived the day before. I would assume the pet shipping company will be able to give me a reference number or something and I just go to the airport before they arrive. sorry, I haven't got a clue from here on

Julie
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure about Calgarys procedures but you normally get hold of the manifest and papers from the shipping company once the dog has arrived.
You then make your way over to Customs and present them with all the documents and pay any applicable fees. You then take the stamped copies back to the cargo terminal where your dog will be released.
Perhaps Geordie Lass can tell you how Calgary works.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:43 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

Brilliant! Thanks ever soo much for your help. I would have thought it will be a similar procedure in Calgary.

I think I'm going to be more stressed about the dogs landing that us! ha ha!
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JulieLord
Brilliant! Thanks ever soo much for your help. I would have thought it will be a similar procedure in Calgary.

I think I'm going to be more stressed about the dogs landing that us! ha ha!
Hope they are not sheep dogs as to your dissapointment you will find out that there arent many sheep in Saskatchewan
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:49 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

Hope they are not sheep dogs as to your dissapointment you will find out that there arent many sheep in Saskatchewan

Nope, they aren't ... cheeky!
Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure about Calgarys procedures but you normally get hold of the manifest and papers from the shipping company once the dog has arrived.
You then make your way over to Customs and present them with all the documents and pay any applicable fees. You then take the stamped copies back to the cargo terminal where your dog will be released.
Perhaps Geordie Lass can tell you how Calgary works.
Hi

Do a search on here or on my posts as I have written really clear instructions out on what you have to do in Calgary to pick your dog up

Allow a good couple of hours
Old Jun 30th 2012, 4:03 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hi

Do a search on here or on my posts as I have written really clear instructions out on what you have to do in Calgary to pick your dog up

Allow a good couple of hours

Thanks Geordie Lass