Landing - no PR card......

Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:36 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future
Default Landing - no PR card......

Questions....

1)Has ANYONE been refused entry to Canada because they have not got their PR card with them? (eg: It was delayed getting to them before they had to return to Canada)

2) Does everyone that has a delay receiving their PR card use a "Permanent resident abroad" travel document from CIC to gain entry?

It would be good to get some idea from those of you who have been through this. I know that one is meant to use said form, but who has gained entry without it?
The reason behind this is when we landed in June, we brought this scenario up with the IO. He said if you don't have your PR card on you it means a short trip to the immigration office just to verify who you are etc. No big deal.

Our story.... We landed in June, applied for our PR cards, had to come back to the UK after three weeks to sell our house, got a letter from CIC saying the photos we submitted weren't good enough, now sending new photos off and may not receive our PR cards before we go back. Phew! I think that's it!

Where as any advice is welcome, (I wouldn't have got this far without the help of this fantastic website) It's always good to have ACTUAL storys and FACTS!
Over to you ........

Cheers!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 3:31 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing - no PR card......

Ive done it..left Canada with no PR card and came back again..just got a mini bollocking at immigration that was it.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Do you mind if I ask how long after landing did they let you know there was a problem with the photos? We are currently waiting for ours and hoping that no news is good news
Also did you have your photos repeated in England and sent over? I had read that some have had to return to Canada for them

Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by nativenewyorker
Hi
Do you mind if I ask how long after landing did they let you know there was a problem with the photos? We are currently waiting for ours and hoping that no news is good news
Also did you have your photos repeated in England and sent over? I had read that some have had to return to Canada for them

Thanks
1. If you haven't received them in about 60 days or so, you should check with the call centre to see if there is a problem. It seems that the letter stating that there is a problem with the pictures, takes a while to be issued.
2. Pretty well every case I have heard, the person has to return to a local CIC for new photos, you are given 180 days to show up at the CIC.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Omg that would be one expensive photo!!! Have to cross fingers and toes me thinks
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. If you haven't received them in about 60 days or so, you should check with the call centre to see if there is a problem. It seems that the letter stating that there is a problem with the pictures, takes a while to be issued.
2. Pretty well every case I have heard, the person has to return to a local CIC for new photos, you are given 180 days to show up at the CIC.
It is worth a call to the call centre though, it puts your mind at rest. Two out of three of ours arrived, and after a two week wait for the final one (mine) I rang on Friday and was told that the final card was sent for review (I think photo related) but released and sent to production on the 25th August. So if you have waited 60 days or more then do call as PMM says. Made me feel better anyhow.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

zac stone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
these PR card photographs that seem so problamatic,are they taken by the I.O at the time of landing,or do you get your own set taken in the UK and produce them to the IO.Every time i think i'm clear on a point,i read someone else's experience on this forum,which casts doubt in my mind,thank goodness for you kind people to help clear things up for me.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zac stone
Hi,
these PR card photographs that seem so problamatic,are they taken by the I.O at the time of landing,or do you get your own set taken in the UK and produce them to the IO.Every time i think i'm clear on a point,i read someone else's experience on this forum,which casts doubt in my mind,thank goodness for you kind people to help clear things up for me.
We took ours in the UK and I think they are the ones attached to the IMM form you take with you for landing...it seems like a bit of a photo quagmire!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

zac stone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ducktastic
We took ours in the UK and I think they are the ones attached to the IMM form you take with you for landing...it seems like a bit of a photo quagmire!
Ha ha,thanks for that.