Landing - my experience

Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:28 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing - my experience

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Wow, great view to move to!
Thanks, this is our place in Cranbrook, BC. We're actually going to be living in Vancouver. We're flying back to London tomorrow unfortunately to tie up loose ends before moving permanently in 2010.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:32 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Thanks, this is our place in Cranbrook, BC. We're actually going to be living in Vancouver. We're flying back to London tomorrow unfortunately to tie up loose ends before moving permanently in 2010.
Sounds great..
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

congrats el-richo

Mel.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

SNOWDUDE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
Again, this was dead easy. I didn't use any of the official forms.

I created an Excel Spreadsheet for Accompanying Goods and Goods to Follow. They each had only 2 columns, titled Description and Value in $. That was it. we just summarised the items we had with us for Accompanying goods (Jewelery = $xxxx, Clothing = $xxxx, Suitcases x2 = $xxxx, and so on). Same for the Goods to Follow.

That was it. After we grabbed our luggage, the customs lady just scanned through the lists (without checking anything) and stapled it to the official documents and that was that.

Very very easy, pleasant, and quick.
Great news youve landed el-richo.

Any idea how you would handle the accompanying & to follow lists if your'e merely landing but not intending to actually move for say another 12- 18 months?

Also you said the immigration desk didn't have a queue when you arrived at it, were there any others arriving at the desk to land after you?

Cheers SD
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:04 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNOWDUDE
Great news youve landed el-richo.

Any idea how you would handle the accompanying & to follow lists if your'e merely landing but not intending to actually move for say another 12- 18 months?

Also you said the immigration desk didn't have a queue when you arrived at it, were there any others arriving at the desk to land after you?

Cheers SD
We did just that. We landed, spent a long weekend at our place in the Rockies, and flew back to London yesterday. We're not moving until next year. We mentioned this to the immigration officer and the customs officer and it wasn't an issue. They just said that's ok and that we should just keep our Goods to Follow copy with barcode (they attach this) so we can show customs when our stuff comes over during the final move.

It really is so very easy, i was shocked.

There wasn't a queue when we arrived (first off the plane) but by the time we were walking to customs (again, nobody there) a queue was steadily forming. Nothing major though.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that reassuring information. Congratulations on your new life. Hopefully it will be us one day!!