Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing in May then returning to UK

Wikiposts

Landing in May then returning to UK

Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to all
Default Landing in May then returning to UK

Can anyone help please - we are landing in CA in May then having to return to UK while house sells. Do we need an address in CA for the PR card to be sent or can it be sent to UK.

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in May then returning to UK

It can't be sent to the UK, but if you haven't got an address in Canada yet (or a friend's you could use), you can apply for your PR card when you move here permanently instead - it doesn't have to be done at the time of landing. If you apply within 6mths of landing, there's no charge for the card - if you apply after that I think it costs iro 50 CAD.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Mikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to allMikelesley is a name known to all
Default Re: Landing in May then returning to UK

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
It can't be sent to the UK, but if you haven't got an address in Canada yet (or a friend's you could use), you can apply for your PR card when you move here permanently instead - it doesn't have to be done at the time of landing. If you apply within 6mths of landing, there's no charge for the card - if you apply after that I think it costs iro 50 CAD.
Hi Biiiink

Thanks for that - I was getting a bit concerned - I suppose at a push we could use the solicitors couldn't we - I just wanted to avoid further costs.

Lesley