landing interview experience

Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:46 am
Just Joined

agra will become famous soon enoughagra will become famous soon enough
Default landing interview experience

i guess my inland spousal sponsorship application culminated today. went to my 10:30 am appointment at CIC Vancouver and it was a breeze. the officers
were very nice ( lots of laughing and joking )and assured all of us from the start that we are all going to leave that day as new permanent residents of canada. the interview was more of a formality really. i was asked to check the accuracy of name, address, passport no. etc. if i am still married to my wife who is my sponsor. if i have any criminal record here in canada. and if i have any travel plans in the near future since the PR card might take a month to arrive by mail because of the holiday season. the confirmation paper handed to me is not valid as a travel document except when travelling to US by car. my passport was stamped and then the officer shook my hand and congratulated me.

almost half of us who have an appointment today were asked to have their photos re-taken nearby and come back at once so to avoid delay, make sure that your photos have the right specifications and smudge free. these photos were checked one by one before all interviews were done.

i sent my application in late december 2005. they started processing it in march. got my AIP in july, the decision made letter in oct and the landing interview appointment letter in november. all in all, almost a year.

thank you all for a wealth of useful information. thank you so much Mr. Miller and Mr. Humphries.

agra
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

migs03 will become famous soon enoughmigs03 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: landing interview experience

Congrats Agra! My husband also landed today. I think It is standard what they do during landing interviews because he also went through the same procedures as you, and were also asked the same questions. The only difference is it wasn't a "group landing" as he was the only person in the room. Again congratulations!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

congrats.

regs
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:11 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and good luck and every happiness for your new life here in Canada.

Rich.