Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:50 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115
Diabolo will become famous soon enoughDiabolo will become famous soon enough
Default Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Hi ,
I am landing on 22nd November. But Moving permanently on Jan 2nd.
I have my funds in an Internet Bank (ING). I have got enough funds and current bank statement.
During previous posts , Mr. Andrew said ATM statement is also required. (ING doesn't have ATM's). If I transfer funds to my bank and get the ATM statement, my statement will be from different bank. What do I do ?
Any suggestions ?

Is just the bank statement enough for proof of funds ?

Thanks
Diabolo
Diabolo is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:11 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Online balance printout won't work - you need a real bank statement that is mailed to you or you picked it up from the branch. Online printout may work if certified by your bank. ING has regular branches too, it is not only Internet bank - get to one and ask for certification of your printout.

Or simply transfer funds to regular bank and get balance printout certified by bank from the branch.


Originally Posted by Diabolo
Hi ,
I am landing on 22nd November. But Moving permanently on Jan 2nd.
I have my funds in an Internet Bank (ING). I have got enough funds and current bank statement.
During previous posts , Mr. Andrew said ATM statement is also required. (ING doesn't have ATM's). If I transfer funds to my bank and get the ATM statement, my statement will be from different bank. What do I do ?
Any suggestions ?

Is just the bank statement enough for proof of funds ?

Thanks
Diabolo
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:42 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115
Diabolo will become famous soon enoughDiabolo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Online balance printout won't work - you need a real bank statement that is mailed to you or you picked it up from the branch. Online printout may work if certified by your bank. ING has regular branches too, it is not only Internet bank - get to one and ask for certification of your printout.

Or simply transfer funds to regular bank and get balance printout certified by bank from the branch.
Its not an Internet printout, its a real statement mailed by ING.
Looks like ING doesn't operate in our city.
Anyway since ATM printout is required, i guess need to transfer the money to my Bank and get a statement/letter from my bank.

Thanks Andrew
Diabolo is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2006, 3:40 am
  #4  
pop
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 94
pop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Online balance printout won't work - you need a real bank statement that is mailed to you or you picked it up from the branch. Online printout may work if certified by your bank. ING has regular branches too, it is not only Internet bank - get to one and ask for certification of your printout.

Or simply transfer funds to regular bank and get balance printout certified by bank from the branch.
You said, “you need a real bank statement that is mailed to you or you picked it up from the branch.”

If it is mailed, the balance and print date must not reflect the day that the person enters the Canada for landing. It might be a balance 2-3 weeks ago. Will it raise a problem?
pop is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:02 am
  #5  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing and Internet Bank Statements

This is why quite often landing immigrants with bank statements as proof of funds are asked to go to ATM machine and make an up-to-date balance printout. It is a good idea to have such printout already made on the day of landing, preferably just before boarding the plane.

Originally Posted by pop
You said, “you need a real bank statement that is mailed to you or you picked it up from the branch.”

If it is mailed, the balance and print date must not reflect the day that the person enters the Canada for landing. It might be a balance 2-3 weeks ago. Will it raise a problem?
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:34 am
  #6  
pop
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 94
pop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
This is why quite often landing immigrants with bank statements as proof of funds are asked to go to ATM machine and make an up-to-date balance printout. It is a good idea to have such printout already made on the day of landing, preferably just before boarding the plane.
I can understand it. But, sometimes it is difficult because you must have lots of things to do on the day of departure. Have you heard or seen any case that a person was not permitted for landing just because of no balance reflected on the landing day but having the most recent balance such as 2 weeks ago?
pop is offline  
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:28 am
  #7  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing and Internet Bank Statements

Landing immigrant must show funds in the form of cash, bank draft, traveler cheques, etc. when landing - outdated bank statement proves nothing. Officers at the border have absolutely no obligation to accept bank statement, even with the same day ATM printout, as proof of funds. And when in doubts they refuse it. Unfortunately too many immigrants lied through the process about their funds, using borrowed money to show bank statements and in reality don't have the money - so, they borrow again just to produce bank statement but usually must repay loan before flying to Canada. Officers at ports of entry know and saw every trick in books and may insist to show real money or just walk to near bank machine and make fresh printout.

Better be prepared than sorry.


Originally Posted by pop
I can understand it. But, sometimes it is difficult because you must have lots of things to do on the day of departure. Have you heard or seen any case that a person was not permitted for landing just because of no balance reflected on the landing day but having the most recent balance such as 2 weeks ago?
Andrew Miller is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.