Wikiposts

Landing info at CIC office

Old Dec 30th 2013, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Island Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing info at CIC office

Hi

A couple of questions hope you all can answer:

1: Who do I call to get an appointment to land at an office? Cannot find numbers anywhere...Live in Red deer so would be Calgary or Edmonton I think?
2: Can it be done at a service Canada centre ie Red Deer?
3: Knowing there is a waiting time can I pre book an appointment before getting my COPR or will there be a specific number etc I need to book one?
4: Do I need CIC t authorize me to book an appointment or is it my choice if I prefer this over flagpoling?

Thanks everyone
Old Dec 30th 2013, 5:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing info at CIC office

Originally Posted by Island Bound
Hi

A couple of questions hope you all can answer:

1: Who do I call to get an appointment to land at an office? Cannot find numbers anywhere...Live in Red deer so would be Calgary or Edmonton I think?
2: Can it be done at a service Canada centre ie Red Deer?
3: Knowing there is a waiting time can I pre book an appointment before getting my COPR or will there be a specific number etc I need to book one?
4: Do I need CIC t authorize me to book an appointment or is it my choice if I prefer this over flagpoling?

Thanks everyone
You have the option to contact the call centre to ask for an appointment to be made, it has nothing to do with Service Canada. The number is on the letter you will receive with your COPR; you cannot make an appointment prior to receiving your COPR. It is your choice whether to ask for an appointment or go to the border.

"... Please note that if you are already in Canada and have valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contact CIC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration office to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.) ..."
Old Dec 30th 2013, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Island Bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Posts seem to be saying if flagpoling Carway is better over Coutts...
Any one any comments on this?

I am hesitant over flagpoling after reading posts saying you can get refused entry etc.
Is it best to be honest and say:

I am visiting US for shopping and sightseeing but intend to land with my COPR on return?

or

If its the Canadians who stamp the COPR then is it easier to just tell US border you are on trip etc and NOT mention COPR and landing?
Old Dec 30th 2013, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island Bound
Posts seem to be saying if flagpoling Carway is better over Coutts...
Any one any comments on this?

I am hesitant over flagpoling after reading posts saying you can get refused entry etc.
Is it best to be honest and say:

I am visiting US for shopping and sightseeing but intend to land with my COPR on return?

or

If its the Canadians who stamp the COPR then is it easier to just tell US border you are on trip etc and NOT mention COPR and landing?
Anyone can be refused entry into the US (except US citizens) regardless of if they are flag poling or not. The Canadians process the COPR forms. Just tell them you are going shopping and intend to return to Canada to activate your PR status.
Don't forget the $6 per person for the I94 waiver.