landing with husband but not kids

Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

bexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to behold
Default landing with husband but not kids

Hi all,

I am currently waiting for our COPR to arrive in the post and are planning to land early October . My Husband has a job lined up which is a two week fly in/fly out job and we were planning on having a few weeks off before he starts to get everything sorted. However the company has now said they would like him to start asap, which would mean landing, getting PR status, getting SI number and starting work within a few days.

I'm not sure i'm going to be able to organise everything on my own, such as car, insurance, schools, accommodation etc. Our youngest is two and a demanding one at that!

As I am the principle applicant I need to land first, so I was thinking I could fly out with my husband and activate our PR status then fly back to UK and return with the children in a couple of weeks when he's back from work. On returning to Canada would I then have to take the children through immigration? Also, would it matter if it was a different airport that I landed at initially?

Sorry about the long post but any advice would be greatly received

Many Thanks

Becky
Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: landing with husband but not kids

Originally Posted by bexley82
Hi all,

I am currently waiting for our COPR to arrive in the post and are planning to land early October . My Husband has a job lined up which is a two week fly in/fly out job and we were planning on having a few weeks off before he starts to get everything sorted. However the company has now said they would like him to start asap, which would mean landing, getting PR status, getting SI number and starting work within a few days.

I'm not sure i'm going to be able to organise everything on my own, such as car, insurance, schools, accommodation etc. Our youngest is two and a demanding one at that!

As I am the principle applicant I need to land first, so I was thinking I could fly out with my husband and activate our PR status then fly back to UK and return with the children in a couple of weeks when he's back from work. On returning to Canada would I then have to take the children through immigration? Also, would it matter if it was a different airport that I landed at initially?

Sorry about the long post but any advice would be greatly received

Many Thanks

Becky
Principal applicant MUST land before everyone. As for landing the kids later it doesn't matter if the POE is different but the kids must be processed with Immigration. So doing it your way will work.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

bexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: landing with husband but not kids

Thanks for the speedy reply, Former Lancastrian,

My husband is speaking to the company later on today and I was trying to think of options. Were hoping to go with the original plan, it depends on how desperate they are I suppose.