Landing - how do we time it?

Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

screene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nice
Default Landing - how do we time it?

We have been nominated via the Nova Scotia PNP, and are about to apply to CIC London having just received our police certificates. We must apply before mid-June 2009 when our Certificate of Nomination expires.

We have a problem in that we originally planned to migrate in summer 2009, but because of problems selling our house and other factors we would now prefer to go in August 2010. This fits in better for our children's education too. We definitely do not want to go during the school year, because our daughter is due to take A levels in summer 2010 and middle son AS levels the same year.

I have read the 'Landing as PR - Canada' wiki which says that the principal applicant must land within 1 year of the date of medicals. It says that dependents can land after the principal applicant, but I'm unclear whether this also has to be within 1 year of medicals. If not, it's a real hassle for us because it means that the whole family of 5 will have to travel to NS, land, and then come back again to finalise our affairs here.

Does anyone know how we can go through the process and avoid landing until August 2010? Is it possible?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:17 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Landing - how do we time it?

The principal applicant can land first but everybody has to land within a year of meds I believe.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
The principal applicant can land first but everybody has to land within a year of meds I believe.
That's as I understand it too.

Looks like a short impromptu visit to NS for all or you before June then

Actually, I presume you could land anywhere in Canada that offers the cheapest flight and return trip for you.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

screene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nice

Hmmm... expensive wasted trip when its for 5 people though. I'm just wondering if we don't submit our application to CIC London until almost the deadline, then drag out the medicals, just how long we could gain and whether it would be enough of a delay to take us into August.

Does anyone know how soon do you have to get medicals done?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:07 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

They have to be done within 90 days of you receiving the request, we have just gone through the process and we received med requests 5 weeks after sending PR application to London.

From start to finish the London PR part took 3 months, although this could have been stretched out if we played it to the deadlines
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Nikki that's really helpful. In fact it's the answer to my question - I can go ahead and submit the PR application in (say) May, then delay getting the medicals done until maybe mid-July, so by the time we get our passport request and visas we should be into August.

How long to you get to submit your passports? My daughter has a holiday booked so I don't want that to upset things.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:29 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by screene
Thanks Nikki that's really helpful. In fact it's the answer to my question - I can go ahead and submit the PR application in (say) May, then delay getting the medicals done until maybe mid-July, so by the time we get our passport request and visas we should be into August.

How long to you get to submit your passports? My daughter has a holiday booked so I don't want that to upset things.
Hi I have just checked our PPR and you have 60 days to sub mit your passports to CHC London
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Nikki. Actually in my previous post I was making it too complicated - the year to land starts after medicals are done (not after visas are granted), so I need to sit on the PR application until the beginning of June and then get medicals done mid-August, comfortably within the 90 days.

The 60 days for passports means we can work around any family holidays etc.