Landing at Hamilton ,Ontario?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default Landing at Hamilton ,Ontario?

I have just booked a flight to Ontario presuming I was landing at Pearson Interanational but have just realised I'm landing at J.C. Munro Interanational in Hamilton.

Has anyone else landed here and completed there paperwork to get there PR Cards?. Is there a problem landing here regarding residancy?.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing at Hamilton ,Ontario?

I think PMM posted this link last time someone else asked - http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...ice1042-e.html ...it doesn't look too hopeful.

Can you get your money back? Were you missold the flight?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I think PMM posted this link last time someone else asked - http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...ice1042-e.html ...it doesn't look too hopeful.

Can you get your money back? Were you missold the flight?
My mistake i think, i didn't read up on it before hand. Can't I land and then complete the paperwork say at the Niagra border?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weener
My mistake i think, i didn't read up on it before hand. Can't I land and then complete the paperwork say at the Niagra border?
Now i'm even more confused. I've been reading up on previous posts on this and it says the CBSA clearly have an office there so they will be able to complete the relevant paperwork at the airport, but then its states they have no immigration facilities. I'm a little confused, clearly as its a International airport it would have to have some sought of immigration there so would they be able to complete the paperwork and issue me with my PR card?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Now i'm even more confused. I've been reading up on previous posts on this and it says the CBSA clearly have an office there so they will be able to complete the relevant paperwork at the airport, but then its states they have no immigration facilities. I'm a little confused, clearly as its a International airport it would have to have some sought of immigration there so would they be able to complete the paperwork and issue me with my PR card?
It could mean they have the primary combined customs/immigration facilities, but nothing more. I don't know.

Did you see this thread? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426308 - JH is certain there is no problem becoming landed at Hamilton Airport.

I posted a tel. number in this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411576 - maybe someone with free Canada-wide minutes (not me sadly!) could call and find out for you tomorrow for certain?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this is some uniquely "Canadian" concept but I'm having problems understanding how you can have an international airport without immigration facilities.

Are they saying they don't bother checking passports?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAJ
Maybe this is some uniquely "Canadian" concept but I'm having problems understanding how you can have an international airport without immigration facilities.

Are they saying they don't bother checking passports?
I took it to mean they would have those dual purpose customs/immigration people on duty until 2300h, but there is no CIC presence there. Whether those can deal with landing, I don't know. And I'm not making the call to find out!

Edit: Have they just had flights to Mexico/Caribbean before now? Maybe they'll have full immigration services when all these new UK flights kick off in May...

Last edited by Biiiiink; Mar 5th 2007 at 12:18 am.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:05 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I checked on the CBSA website and found that this airport has a full service CBSA unit sufficient for aircraft with up to 120 passengers. That would mean landing of immigrants as well as entry of temporary residents. Presumably Zoom could not have gotten a license for their flight if the airport was inadequately served.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OP, if they're set up for 120 pax, take sandwiches (non-meat of course). A 767 has more than double that number, you could be in for a long wait
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

I read it as they do have immigration services but for some reason they don't offer the landing process to get your PR ...........give them a ring to put your mind at rest
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:43 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Erm, aren't the CBSA and the CIC completely different government agencies?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

It could mean they have the primary combined customs/immigration facilities, but nothing more. I don't know.

Did you see this thread? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426308 - JH is certain there is no problem becoming landed at Hamilton Airport.

I posted a tel. number in this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411576 - maybe someone with free Canada-wide minutes (not me sadly!) could call and find out for you tomorrow for certain?
Have phoned the phone no and they do grant PR cards there......Phew
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:05 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future

OP, if they're set up for 120 pax, take sandwiches (non-meat of course). A 767 has more than double that number, you could be in for a long wait
Its its FlyGlobespan we are talking about there, then all the flights to Hamilton are with 757s.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

At the border the CBSA implement and enforce the immigration act including landings of new immigrants.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

SarahBella is an unknown quantity at this point

I started that last thread...and since then I've called up one of my parents back in Canada, who called Hamilton's airport...they said all we need to do is call them 2 weeks in advance and let them know we're coming and everything should be fine!

GOOD LUCK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.