British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/landing-funds-lloyds-bank-statement-700008/)

reddy001 Jan 10th 2011 3:58 pm

LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 
Hi all ,

I am doing my first landing in toronto from manchester as PR .. Is my Lloyds BANK STATEMENT accepted as a proof of funds or do I need to carry pounds as I will be bak to london after 2-3 days after landing. pls help me on this

rivingtonpike Jan 10th 2011 4:11 pm

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 

Originally Posted by reddy001 (Post 9091088)
Hi all ,

I am doing my first landing in toronto from manchester as PR .. Is my Lloyds BANK STATEMENT accepted as a proof of funds or do I need to carry pounds as I will be bak to london after 2-3 days after landing. pls help me on this

Current statement is fine. You certainly don't have to carry it all in cash. We weren't even asked for any proof. I think a lot of people aren't asked.

reddy001 Jan 11th 2011 9:32 am

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 
Much Appreciate Thank you.. so I will take print out from my online statement

rivingtonpike Jan 11th 2011 11:43 am

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 

Originally Posted by reddy001 (Post 9092859)
Much Appreciate Thank you.. so I will take print out from my online statement

Just make sure the printout has all your details on it. It would perhaps be worth requesting a paper copy of your latest statement as it will come on headed paper etc. I know some people has reported problems with having an online statement printed. We used an original paper copy so there may well be posters on here with more specific experience.

reddy001 Jan 11th 2011 1:52 pm

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 
Thanks gr8 thanks.. if I take a draft do it needs to be in canadian dollars??? pls can you let me know

james.mc Jan 11th 2011 3:13 pm

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 
reddy001
I'm sure someone with more experience of this will add some input, but my take is....

If you are landing it might make sense to have Canadian Dollars at your disposal (in the form of a bankers draft) and will look probably look better to the immigration officer on arrival.
If not, what ever the currency the draft is in, it might be better in a major currency so that the immigration officer can easily check for current exchange rate value.
If the draft total value is over $10,000 you must declare that also.

reddy001 Jan 11th 2011 3:28 pm

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 
Thanks James

rivingtonpike Jan 11th 2011 5:41 pm

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 

Originally Posted by james.mc (Post 9093497)
reddy001
I'm sure someone with more experience of this will add some input, but my take is....

If you are landing it might make sense to have Canadian Dollars at your disposal (in the form of a bankers draft) and will look probably look better to the immigration officer on arrival.
If not, what ever the currency the draft is in, it might be better in a major currency so that the immigration officer can easily check for current exchange rate value.
If the draft total value is over $10,000 you must declare that also.

You can take money out of an ATM as long as you have the right type (Maestro, Sirius etc). The money is then just deducted from your UK account at the prevailing exchange rate. It will give you the time to open a Canadian bank account

reddy001 Jan 12th 2011 10:32 am

Re: LANDING FUNDS - LLOYDS BANK STATEMENT
 
Thanks all much appreciated


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.