landing funds, again

Old May 24th 2005, 4:16 pm
atm
Just Joined

atm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default landing funds, again

will it be any problem if we bring our proof of funds in cash when we land? i've read from previous posts that you have to declare them if you have more than CDN$10,000. we're a family of 3 so we're required to have more than that amount. also, i think somebody said that it's alright just as long as you indicate that they're for settlement funds. please advice, thanks!
Old May 24th 2005, 4:35 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: landing funds, again

$10,000 has nothing to do with settlement fund - all amounts of $10,000 or more (in cash, checks, bonds, etc.) must be reported by everyone crossing border with such value.

You'll be OK having all your funds in cash if you have no other option. But remember that you may have to explain where you have such cash from and why you have it in cash.

Originally Posted by atm
will it be any problem if we bring our proof of funds in cash when we land? i've read from previous posts that you have to declare them if you have more than CDN$10,000. we're a family of 3 so we're required to have more than that amount. also, i think somebody said that it's alright just as long as you indicate that they're for settlement funds. please advice, thanks!
Old May 24th 2005, 5:01 pm
atm
Just Joined

atm is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Andrew!
Old May 25th 2005, 3:58 am
Just Joined

garfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. Miller,
Can I bring only half of the settlement fund in cash and other half in the form of bank certification?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
$10,000 has nothing to do with settlement fund - all amounts of $10,000 or more (in cash, checks, bonds, etc.) must be reported by everyone crossing border with such value.

You'll be OK having all your funds in cash if you have no other option. But remember that you may have to explain where you have such cash from and why you have it in cash.
Old May 25th 2005, 4:07 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, as long as bank is in the country where there is no restriction on money transfers abroad. Make sure that your bank account is in developed country with no restrictions. And note please that you may be asked to go to ATM machine and print your current balance to prove that you still have the money. Unfortunately too many tried (and still try) to cheat, so don't blame officers that may be strict from time to time.

Originally Posted by garfield
Mr. Miller,
Can I bring only half of the settlement fund in cash and other half in the form of bank certification?