Wikiposts

Landing Experience

Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough
Default Landing Experience

Finally, the long awaited event has happened...LANDING!!!

After leaving US border in Douglas (Seattle-BC Border), Canadian immigration officer at the post asked the purpose of visit and I replied LANDING. He gave us a ticket and told us to go inside to finish the landing process. Immigration Officers were not smiling--no good morning nor how you doin--nothing.

He asked me when will I permanently move, I said, after 6 mos, then he asked me "so you'll not live here permanently?", I said "yes" after my last term in school this Fall 2007. Again, he asked, "so, you will not live here permanently?", I said yes, after my school. Then, after processing all the paperwork, I'm done but no WELCOME TO CANADA...

TIPS:
To those who will move permanently at a later date, make sure that you answer "will live permanently in Canada" even if the question was re-worded or was said couple of times--maybe it's just a test.

PROOF OF FUNDS- Immigration officer just asked how much do I have with me and how much will I bring at a later date--he didn't ask for any paperwork about proof of funds.

CUSTOMS- Having landed, customs officer is surprisingly nice. Maybe because i'm a PR now. Handed two copies of goods to bring and to follow and stamped everything.

Thanks to all members of this forum especially to people giving unconditional advise, help and for sharing their experiences. To those who are still waiting, just be patient and it will come to you in time...
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:28 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing Experience

Glad to hear it was quite painless. WE must keep up the good waiting job and hope to join you soon. Enjiy your new life.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:51 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anona?
Finally, the long awaited event has happened...LANDING!!!

After leaving US border in Douglas (Seattle-BC Border), Canadian immigration officer at the post asked the purpose of visit and I replied LANDING. He gave us a ticket and told us to go inside to finish the landing process. Immigration Officers were not smiling--no good morning nor how you doin--nothing.

He asked me when will I permanently move, I said, after 6 mos, then he asked me "so you'll not live here permanently?", I said "yes" after my last term in school this Fall 2007. Again, he asked, "so, you will not live here permanently?", I said yes, after my school. Then, after processing all the paperwork, I'm done but no WELCOME TO CANADA...

TIPS:
To those who will move permanently at a later date, make sure that you answer "will live permanently in Canada" even if the question was re-worded or was said couple of times--maybe it's just a test.

PROOF OF FUNDS- Immigration officer just asked how much do I have with me and how much will I bring at a later date--he didn't ask for any paperwork about proof of funds.

CUSTOMS- Having landed, customs officer is surprisingly nice. Maybe because i'm a PR now. Handed two copies of goods to bring and to follow and stamped everything.

Thanks to all members of this forum especially to people giving unconditional advise, help and for sharing their experiences. To those who are still waiting, just be patient and it will come to you in time...
What's up with these immigration people - don't they know it's a very exciting and important step you are taking...... jeez - a smile and a "Welcome to Canada" would go a very long way

Congratulations and welcome to Canada from me anyway. Enjoy your last term at school, you'll be back before you know it
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all your replies and kind words--makes me feel good eventhough no "Welcome to Canada" was said by the Immigration Officer. A Welcome from you guys is good enough though