Landing experience.

Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:51 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Landing experience.

Hi to all we landed in Vancouver on Saturday evening, when many staff had gone home. After a long wait to go through passport check, we were pleased to see no one at immigration desk. However the experience was not pleasant. Took about an hour. She did not like the photos we supplied to CHC, although excellent to us, not for her, so retook ours looking worse for wear! It was more of an interigation than a "Welcome to Canada" My daughter was actaully in tears by the end as we were all very very tired and anxious to get the dog. (Not nice flight with Zoom even with extra leg room, uncomfortable seat, no seat back tv crap films, limited food drinks and unhappy staff.)

Goods to follow was scrutinised, and several items that did not have serial numbers on were crossed out, and she said these would not be allowed until customs inspected, and could prove they had not been recently bought. 5 year old scanner, a computer built y husband over years, an old printer, and a sewing machine that was packed by accident! They all missed my serial number checks as I just forgot. Why would be by new electrical stuff with three pount plugs etc?? No one wants them in Canada we have to buy adapters etc as well. I feel she was using us to fill her evening before going home!

They handed us an A4 sheet explaining how they now want goods to follow list, which is a bit late giving ot on arrival! It was how I had done most of list but not good enough for her.
You need to put for example box of clothes (40 items) Box of CD's 100 items
etc.
and serial numbers and makes of all electrical goods. Also jewellery should be appraised before entering Canada. She was not interested in the money we needed for landing at all. It appears not all customs officials are as thorough as her.
After it was over we rushed to find the dog.
All I can say is if you are flying Zoom to Vancouver dont take your pets!! We had a horrible time trying to get ours because they lost paper work. Customs said they had problems with Zoom all the time. I eventually found her stuck in her cage in a cold warehouse about 10 minutes taxi from Vancouver. I had top make two trips too and fro to get paper work from cargo to airport, and my daughter was by now distraught, and I was livid. The dog seems none the worse and we had a fantastic hotel at airport for her to recover in! Daughter and Dog.
We are now in our house on Vancouver Island and so glad to be here. We had not even completed on our house when we left which was nail biting as well. However we got news completion is on Thursday, so the the last piece of the jigsaw is about to be put in place. We are so so happy to be here at last.
Despite our 11th hour hiccups, the journey from start to finish has been as if it is was our destiny.

Good luck to all that are at the start or ending their journey. Good things come to those who wait , and always believe in what you are doing. I may pop back now and again to the forum, but feel I want to jump in 100% to Canadian life, and leave this dreaded computer alone for a while!! So bye by to all who have been interested in my personal journey. I will keep looking in now and again to see if a few familiar names are also on the end of the road.
Thanks all for help, advice and moral support over the last year or two!
Bye for now
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Default Re: Landing experience.

Well welcome to Canada!

Your experience seems to be very different from ours (although we came in on Work Permits). The immigration officer at Toronto really could not have been any more friendly or helpful. I guess it is like anything else; it depends what else is on the persons mind.

We have found everyone so helpful here. Customer Service is excellent. When I was getting my driving licence changed they displayed a sign stating that if they did not deal with you within 17 minutes, you would get $5 off their charge. Now when do you ever see anything like that back in Rip-Off Britain???

Anyways, well done. You got through the waiting and the landing process. You can really relax now

Rob
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:55 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing experience.

Good Luck and Congratulations