Landing documents

Old Jan 8th 2021, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Landing documents

We are due to fly feb 1st, my husband TWP and me and my daughters an exemption to fly.
can anyone tell me which documents I will need to have at hand to show border for this?
many thanks
Old Jan 8th 2021, 9:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing documents

POE letter, LMIA, copy of job contract and offer letter. I'd also take any relevant info about qualifications for the job just in case. And proof of your exemption (although that's needed more at the UK end of things).

And of course, your negative Covid test, info on your quarantining, and your printed confirmation of ArriveCAN.

HTH.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Ok great. We don't have LMIA as we applied through OINP so presume that acceptance too?
its all becoming very real now and the last thing I want is to get refused at the border with the kids
Old Jan 8th 2021, 1:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
Ok great. We don't have LMIA as we applied through OINP so presume that acceptance too?
Ah, ok. Always best to specify when asking, so we know you are PNP applicants, as that may impact the advice given. In which case, yes take your OINP paperwork too.

Good luck.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 5:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Remember to ask for Visitor Records when you arrive, for the children (and yourself unless you are getting a spousal open work permit - don't forget the money for that, if you are - they will need them to attend school, not just the standard visitors stamp in their passports... you will need it (if you don't have a work permit) to get a drivers license.
Do read over our wiki articles on moving over - it gives lots of lists of things to do before leaving - and on arriving
If you haven't already done so, get copies of your drivers records, letters from your insurers to show that you have no claims (see the wiki for wording), vaccination records for the kids might be useful but not essential if you can't get them.
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/To_Do_Lists-Canada
Old Jan 8th 2021, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!
I have printed off the to do list and am working my way through it. I have requested doctor and hospital records, I have the kids hospital record books which shows when and what vaccinations they have had.
Its getting very close and I feel under prepared I will give the wiki page another read!