Wikiposts

Landing at customs

Old Jun 30th 2013, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Mamallon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing at customs

Hi, I am due to land in Canada on 23rd August. We are a family of four with COPR visa's. my oldest daughter is going to Canada on vacation on 26th of July on a return ticket and will be there when we land and was then going back to college in sept but not using her COPR until dec is this possible or do we all need to land together as a family we thought she could follow in dec..please help I am confused
Old Jun 30th 2013, 6:09 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Landing at customs

Originally Posted by Mamallon
Hi, I am due to land in Canada on 23rd August. We are a family of four with COPR visa's. my oldest daughter is going to Canada on vacation on 26th of July on a return ticket and will be there when we land and was then going back to college in sept but not using her COPR until dec is this possible or do we all need to land together as a family we thought she could follow in dec..please help I am confused
She has to land with or after the primary applicant, so assuming by December her medicals will not be older than 12 months then she can land then.

Points to consider:
She may get a slight grilling by CBSA when she arrives in July as to why she's not landing, but should be easy to explain.

Once you arrive in August then your daughter could pop down to the US for a day trip and land on the way back. That way the PR card should be with you by December and you could courier it to her in the UK, making her entry slightly simpler in December.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 6:14 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing at customs

When do the visas expire? If after December it should be OK.