Landing in Canada

Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold
Default Landing in Canada

Hello, can I please just double check that when landing in Canada, on our goods accompanying and goods to follow list, that monetary assets are not required on these lists? I.e. Value of/funds from sale of primary residence, savings accounts, pension funds etc. We have gained PR through the family sponsorship route. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in Canada

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
Hello, can I please just double check that when landing in Canada, on our goods accompanying and goods to follow list, that monetary assets are not required on these lists? I.e. Value of/funds from sale of primary residence, savings accounts, pension funds etc. We have gained PR through the family sponsorship route. Thanks in advance.
Double check accomplished: successful outcome.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
....or to confirm Novocastrian..... You are correct, no you don't!

Very minor point is that it is helpful to CBSA if you provide an overall monetary total of the value of good on each form.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Landing in Canada

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
....or to confirm Novocastrian..... You are correct, no you don't!

Very minor point is that it is helpful to CBSA if you provide an overall monetary total of the value of good on each form.

Excellent, thank you very much both of you, and yes on my goods forms I have provided a rough value of everything. We're soft-landing in August and can't wait!
Old Jun 11th 2018, 9:39 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

It's just goods. Cash needs to be declared over $10k as usual but there's no tax on bringing any funds or financial assets in at any point as long as you declare them and can prove they're legit. I doubt many Brits carry bags full of cash around these days anyway really like a lot of other nationalities still do.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jun 11th 2018 at 10:05 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It's just goods. Cash needs to be declared over $10k as usual but there's no tax on bringing any funds or financial assets in at any point as long as you declare them and can prove they're legit. I doubt many Brits carry bags full of cash around these days as well really like a lot of other nationalities still do.
Exactly.

The 'declaration of assets' that you may continue to have offshore or in the UK happens when you do your first Canadian tax return (best to get a Canadian tax professional to do this for you).
Old Jun 11th 2018, 10:04 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

The 'declaration of assets' that you may continue to have offshore or in the UK happens when you do your first Canadian tax return (best to get a Canadian tax professional to do this for you).
Does it have to be that complex and official or can you just use UFile?
Old Jun 11th 2018, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Does it have to be that complex and official or can you just use UFile?
I am sure you (i.e. one) can. I just chickened out!!!
Old Jun 11th 2018, 10:20 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I am sure you (i.e. one) can. I just chickened out!!!
Never anything wrong with taking the safe option especially when it involves something that can potentially land you in a court room if you get it badly wrong.