Landing alone without my sponsor

Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice
Default Landing alone without my sponsor

Hi all

To cut to the quick , it`s looking like I (as the sponsored spouse) is gonna have to land in Canada on my own without my wife (Canadian citizen sponsor) . This is owing to the fact that I HAVE to land before October the 12th , and we haven`t sold our house yet . All a bit messy then...

The plan is for me to land in late September and pave the way for her to follow on with the children (house sold or not) , hopefully finding somewhere to live with a job etc beforehand .

Question is - Is this ok for me to do this ? And if so what do I need to take with me on the plane , like goods to follow list or whatever .

I HAVE looked in the forums , and I can`t seem to find a clear straight answer to this .

Thanks in advance

Phil
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Landing alone without my sponsor

its ok for you to land without her, she does not need to land in the first place because she is Canadian, landing is for the new immigtants.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I was the sponsor and my husband landed on July 8th in Toronto by himself without any problems. It actually only took him aout 5 minutes in immigration (no line-ups), just long enough to sign a bit of paper and his visa. Things were a little more confusing in customs since we didn't bother with a goods to follow list for him since I, as a returning resident, will be bringing the goods to follow list when I return. We are going to use the packing list for our container which we obviously won't have until we ship our stuff. I think in the end the customs guy just said make sure you have all of your paperwork with you when you go to clear the stuff through customs. Quite a painless experience all in all and hubby got to enjoy 2 days in Toronto as a bonus.

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi all

To cut to the quick , it`s looking like I (as the sponsored spouse) is gonna have to land in Canada on my own without my wife (Canadian citizen sponsor) . This is owing to the fact that I HAVE to land before October the 12th , and we haven`t sold our house yet . All a bit messy then...

The plan is for me to land in late September and pave the way for her to follow on with the children (house sold or not) , hopefully finding somewhere to live with a job etc beforehand .

Question is - Is this ok for me to do this ? And if so what do I need to take with me on the plane , like goods to follow list or whatever .

I HAVE looked in the forums , and I can`t seem to find a clear straight answer to this .

Thanks in advance

Phil
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Thanks for that both of you , looks like no real problems then .

It can all be quite worrying at times that for sure .

Phil
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough

Phil,

I'll be landing on my own this weekend without my sponsor either - her passport expired!

All i'm taking is my passport, paperwork and goods to follow list. Oh, and the car so I can get back home.

Everything will be fine!