Landing after receipt of PR visa

Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Default Landing after receipt of PR visa

Hi everyone......could hardly believe my eyes this morning....I just got my passport back from London. The PR visa really is quite impressive isn't it?

I only sent my passport to London on 6th April........so as you can see....it has only taken 11 days!!!!!!! I'm glad now that I didn't take it to London personally

When I read the accompanying literature, there was a paragraph which seems to state quite clearly that there is NO LONGER a need to leave the country in order to land

This is the paragraph:-

".....please note that if you are already in Canada and have valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contactCIC's Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration office to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada)..."

Any views?????????

Best wishes,
Steve
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing after receipt of PR visa

If you are in Canada already with valid temporary residence you can go to your local office to "land" rather than having to leave the country (flagpole).

If you are not in Canada then you would land as normal at the port of entry when you fly in.

Hope that helps
Old Apr 17th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations and best wishes.

Ray
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

I remember the feeling when we got our visas. Its quite a profound moment isn't it?

Enjoy your new life.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
Hi everyone......could hardly believe my eyes this morning....I just got my passport back from London. The PR visa really is quite impressive isn't it?

I only sent my passport to London on 6th April........so as you can see....it has only taken 11 days!!!!!!! I'm glad now that I didn't take it to London personally

When I read the accompanying literature, there was a paragraph which seems to state quite clearly that there is NO LONGER a need to leave the country in order to land

This is the paragraph:-

".....please note that if you are already in Canada and have valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contactCIC's Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration office to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada)..."

Any views?????????

Best wishes,
Steve
Congratulations