Landing

Old Sep 27th 2018, 1:18 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm presuming you got asked the standard questions and were asked to sign within the box on the COPR before the copy was stapled to your passport (or handed to you)?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nterviews.html

Congrats regardless!!
NB, don't lose the COPR put it somewhere safe - you will need it if you don't receive your PR card (for replacement); for your pension in years to come, etc.

Just to tag onto what Siouxie said,

I would scan the COPR and anything else that you feel important. Upload it to a cloud server (google maybe?) so you know you have a copy incase it gets lost.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 9:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G0ldie
Just to tag onto what Siouxie said,

I would scan the COPR and anything else that you feel important. Upload it to a cloud server (google maybe?) so you know you have a copy incase it gets lost.

Agreed, I have most of my 'stuff' scanned, but a scanned copy of a COPR won't be of any use to you .. you need the original or else go through the hassle and expense of getting it replaced.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

So I landed on the 6th September, Got a notification by email yesterday that my ETA was cancelled. But no sign of PR card yet.
Guess if I need to return to Canada quickly it won't be happening until that card arrives! Is there any way to trace if they have processed / posted it?
Thanks
:-)
Old Oct 15th 2018, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avjoy
So I landed on the 6th September, Got a notification by email yesterday that my ETA was cancelled. But no sign of PR card yet.
Guess if I need to return to Canada quickly it won't be happening until that card arrives! Is there any way to trace if they have processed / posted it?
Thanks
Highly unlikely they've done anything if you only landed on 6th Sept. Current processing time for first PR card is 70 days - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

HTH.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Highly unlikely they've done anything if you only landed on 6th Sept. Current processing time for first PR card is 70 days - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

HTH.
Oh thanks for the link, knew I had seen this somewhere. Yes when I did the landing in the airport I was told 6-8 weeks but could be longer. I assumed eta wouldn't be cancelled until card had been posted, guess not though.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:59 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Guess if I need to return to Canada quickly it won't be happening until that card arrives!
You can technically return anytime you like but you would just need a PRTD to do it at this point unfortunately.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 1:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for the link, knew I had seen this somewhere. Yes when I did the landing in the airport I was told 6-8 weeks but could be longer. I assumed eta wouldn't be cancelled until card had been posted, guess not though.
The eTA was invalid as soon as your COPR was activated/validated and you became a PR.. for some it's officially cancelled straight away, for others some weeks later. PR cards can take weeks or months to be issued - for some they require new photos to be done which adds even longer onto the processing time! Don't forget that the time shown on the website is the average time taken.. some may take considerably longer (just look for threads here to find a few, lol).

I'm presuming that you are getting the PR card sent to someone in Canada and are hoping they will courier it to you overseas once it arrives? Do make sure that it's couriered, it's not something that you want to go astray - and Canada Post may go on strike.. which could also impact the delivery of it at this end!

I'd suggest you get onto applying for the PRTD pronto if you are anticipating returning to Canada in the next 2-3 months. For new PR's the process is relatively easy as there's no requirement to supply all the 'proof of meeting the residency requirements' as there is for those who have lost their cards or who's cards have expired.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 15th 2018 at 1:59 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

The eTA was invalid as soon as your COPR was activated/validated and you became a PR.. for some it's officially cancelled straight away, for others some weeks later. PR cards can take weeks or months to be issued - for some they require new photos to be done which adds even longer onto the processing time! Don't forget that the time shown on the website is the average time taken.. some may take considerably longer (just look for threads here to find a few, lol).

I'm presuming that you are getting the PR card sent to someone in Canada and are hoping they will courier it to you overseas once it arrives? Do make sure that it's couriered, it's not something that you want to go astray - and Canada Post may go on strike.. which could also impact the delivery of it at this end!

I'd suggest you get onto applying for the PRTD pronto if you are anticipating returning to Canada in the next 2-3 months. For new PR's the process is relatively easy as there's no requirement to supply all the 'proof of meeting the residency requirements' as there is for those who have lost their cards or who's cards have expired.

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to apply to it after reading your message. Plus today I got an email requesting that 2 x new pictures have to be sent.
The specifications that they requested are excately what I submitted when I landed so why do they, in some cases, ask for new pictures. Its bizarre
Old Oct 17th 2018, 2:14 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to apply to it after reading your message. Plus today I got an email requesting that 2 x new pictures have to be sent.
The specifications that they requested are excately what I submitted when I landed so why do they, in some cases, ask for new pictures. Its bizarre
It's probably one department not speaking to the other. One would envisage the government as a single entity which it is but there are so many sub-sections it gets confusing!
Old Oct 17th 2018, 8:23 pm
Banned

You're very welcome
Regarding the photos, as far as I'm aware, they use the photos that you submitted with your application - i.e. at the time of your application or when you got the photo / passport request etc. If I recall correctly One of two photos that you provide go on the Govt's copy of your COPR (or other Govt records) and the other is used for your PR card. So, if it's been a while since you submitted your original photos, they may want to make sure that the photos are up to date and within the specifications for PR cards - it's not just the size that has to be exact.

If you are overseas, how are you going to supply them for your PR card?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html
Photos

If your application is approved, we’ll use the photos you include as part of your application package to create a Permanent Resident Card for you (and your family members, if applicable). To avoid delays in getting your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document (which you’ll need to travel to Canada or become a permanent resident from within Canada), and/or your permanent resident card, it’s important that the photos meet certain specifications. See Appendix B for photo specifications.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 17th 2018 at 8:32 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

You're very welcome
Regarding the photos, as far as I'm aware, they use the photos that you submitted with your application - i.e. at the time of your application or when you got the photo / passport request etc. If I recall correctly One of two photos that you provide go on the Govt's copy of your COPR (or other Govt records) and the other is used for your PR card. So, if it's been a while since you submitted your original photos, they may want to make sure that the photos are up to date and within the specifications for PR cards - it's not just the size that has to be exact.

If you are overseas, how are you going to supply them for your PR card?
Photos

If your application is approved, we’ll use the photos you include as part of your application package to create a Permanent Resident Card for you (and your family members, if applicable). To avoid delays in getting your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document (which you’ll need to travel to Canada or become a permanent resident from within Canada), and/or your permanent resident card, it’s important that the photos meet certain specifications. See Appendix B for photo specifications.

The letter they sent me requesting the two new photos had a return postal address and they said to return both the letter and my photos to it and gave me 30 days, otherwise my PR card application would be cancelled.
I have made an appointment tomorrow to get them retaken. And will post first thing Friday by express courier. Then fingers crossed they make it to the desk where my application will be sitting 😀
Old Oct 17th 2018, 8:49 pm
Banned

The letter they sent me requesting the two new photos had a return postal address and they said to return both the letter and my photos to it and gave me 30 days, otherwise my PR card application would be cancelled.
I have made an appointment tomorrow to get them retaken. And will post first thing Friday by express courier. Then fingers crossed they make it to the desk where my application will be sitting � ����

I think they might be a bit suspect that you might be getting your PR card shipped overseas, lol, as the photographers stamp etc., (which is a requirement) is going to be outside Canada .. not to mention the post mark

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 17th 2018 at 8:51 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

I think they might be a bit suspect that you might be getting your PR card shipped overseas, lol, as the photographers stamp etc., (which is a requirement) is going to be outside Canada .. not to mention the post mark
I thought soft landings were allowed? I needed to land before the date they gave but will be returning early in the New Year. I have given them my boyf sister address and they had that on the latter.
I didn't think there would be an issue, if necessary I will post pic to her and get her to forward on.
meanwhile filling out the paper work in case I need to return prior to them issuing the PR card
Old Oct 17th 2018, 9:07 pm
Banned

I thought soft landings were allowed? I needed to land before the date they gave but will be returning early in the New Year. I have given them my boyf sister address and they had that on the latter.
I didn't think there would be an issue, if necessary I will post pic to her and get her to forward on.
meanwhile filling out the paper work in case I need to return prior to them issuing the PR card
Soft Landings are allowed and perfectly ok to do; however, if doing a soft landing you would normally tell the CBSA officer that you are not taking up residence at this time and will defer delivery of your PR card until such time as you relocate to live in Canada permanently. In other words, you DON'T give an address at the time of landing for the card to be delivered to.

That's the "proper" way to do it... and provided you give them an address within 180 days of your landing, there is no charge. If you give them an address after the 180 days then you would need to apply again and pay.

It's all explained here:
I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?

Address for notification if within the 180 days:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...?app=coanotify

Hope that explains things better for you

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 17th 2018 at 9:09 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Because the pictures taken are not acceptable as in the link below even though the specification sizes were correct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.