Landing

Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough
Question Landing

A long way off I know but just had a thought about landing.
If we arrive at Toronto airport first before getting connecting flight to Saskatoon, do we officially land in Toronto or Saskatoon ?

If it takes a long time to go through landing checks in Toronto we could miss flight to Saskatoon.
Any ideas ?
What's the norm ?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

emma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Landing

Originally Posted by robwrx
A long way off I know but just had a thought about landing.
If we arrive at Toronto airport first before getting connecting flight to Saskatoon, do we officially land in Toronto or Saskatoon ?

If it takes a long time to go through landing checks in Toronto we could miss flight to Saskatoon.
Any ideas ?
What's the norm ?

You would land in Toronto. I guess you just need to make sure you leave long enough between connections, or maybe spend the night in a hotel at the airport if you really wanted to make sure? Only thing with that is you might not get the same luggage allowance as you would connecting from an international flight if you did it that way?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Hi,

I posted my application on 5th aug 2005, am still to get my my AOR. What does your AOR say? just curious to know. how many months does it specify?

thanks
Old Aug 29th 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

T@m@s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Hi,

I posted my application on 5th aug 2005, am still to get my my AOR. What does your AOR say? just curious to know. how many months does it specify?

thanks
Hi,
We posted our skilled PR. 5th mar. 2005, and got the AOR 2nd apr. 2005 saying 24 months.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough

AOR said will not hear anything for 36 months.

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Hi,

thanks
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

One way of avoiding a wait in Toronto and a delay is by travelling via Minneapolis to Saskatoon.KLM.

Rob

Originally Posted by emma69
You would land in Toronto. I guess you just need to make sure you leave long enough between connections, or maybe spend the night in a hotel at the airport if you really wanted to make sure? Only thing with that is you might not get the same luggage allowance as you would connecting from an international flight if you did it that way?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

We dont know how the flight scheldude would be after 36 or 40 months , or for that matter what the rules at the airport would be after that time

One way of avoiding a wait in Toronto and a delay is by travelling via Minneapolis to Saskatoon.KLM.

Rob
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Rob
Are you allowed to do that on a one-way? I think it makes you ineligible for the US visa waiver.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Are you allowed to do that on a one-way? I think it makes you ineligible for the US visa waiver.
That was the case for my brother. He was stopped from flying in London, by the check-in clerk, as he, the wife and 2 kids were all flying on one way tickets via Min to Saskatoon. They had to rebook the flights going to Toronto and then on to Saskatoon, as they were told it would take between 3 and 4 days to get the visas organized as it was something like 4pm on Friday they were flying. There was a time pressure in their case as my brother was starting his job at 9am on the following Monday and didn't want to be late on his first day at the new job

Dozzzzy
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all.
Usedfull info.
Looks like Heathrow- Toronto- Saskatoon then.

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
That was the case for my brother. He was stopped from flying in London, by the check-in clerk, as he, the wife and 2 kids were all flying on one way tickets via Min to Saskatoon. They had to rebook the flights going to Toronto and then on to Saskatoon, as they were told it would take between 3 and 4 days to get the visas organized as it was something like 4pm on Friday they were flying. There was a time pressure in their case as my brother was starting his job at 9am on the following Monday and didn't want to be late on his first day at the new job

Dozzzzy
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.
Usedfull info.
Looks like Heathrow- Toronto- Saskatoon then.
Or do the US route and buy a return ticket, don't use the return sector but make sure that you surrender your green I-94 to a US border official before 90days is up.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Not a bad idea that Biiiiink, but you are a bit closer to the border than I will be, 20 minutes North of Prince Albert, Sask.
Maybe the price of ticket may decide it as one ways can be expensive I think.
We have 36 months to decide..........
Thanks for help.
Rob

Or do the US route and buy a return ticket, don't use the return sector but make sure that you surrender your green I-94 to a US border official before 90days is up.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Biiiiink,

Just emailed my brother in Canada and he told me that they flew into Saskatoon via Minneapolis on a one way ticket and had no problems.
Just told US customs official that they were just passing through and were Canadian immigrants.He gave relatives address in Saskatoon.

Where did you get the info about US visa waiver and green I-94 etc.
Do you actually know this to be a fact or just what you think?

Has anyone else on here had experience of this situation, ie: travelling on one way ticket through USA ?

Cheers
Rob

Not a bad idea that Biiiiink, but you are a bit closer to the border than I will be, 20 minutes North of Prince Albert, Sask.
Maybe the price of ticket may decide it as one ways can be expensive I think.
We have 36 months to decide..........
Thanks for help.
Rob
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's the FAQ from the US Embassy - http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new..._visa_niv.html .

What if I want to stay in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean?

If your ticket terminates in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean, you must be a legal resident of the area in order to qualify for visa free travel. If you are not and your stay will extend beyond 90 days from the date on which you first entered the United States, you will require a visa. Legal Permanent residents include diplomats, students or temporary workers at companies located in these areas.

If I am transiting through the United States to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands in the Caribbean under the Visa Waiver Program, does the 90 day period begin on my initial entry into the United States, even though I am there for only a couple of hours?

The regulations are the same as if you entered the United States for a holiday. If you will transit the United States to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean the total trip, including both periods of time spent in the United States, Canada/Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean islands cannot exceed 90 days. If it does, you will require a visa, unless you are a legal permanent resident of the country.

I've never gone through the US on a one-way myself, only with a return but I travel on a Canadian passport so am never part of the waiver program anyway. Certainly people here have reported being denied boarding, Babsi recently said she was denied on a Delta flight with a one-way through the US to Canada and no PR card.

Again, regardless of the rights and wrongs from immigration policy pov, it's probably worth checking with the airline - if they're not going to let you board you can be as right as you want, you ain't going anywhere

P.S. A friend visiting Vancouver forgot to surrender his I-94 stub after a daytrip to Seattle. In a panic he phoned the US Embassy in London who said he should mail it in to them, they would accept his doing so from the UK as proof that he was not an overstayer in the US. Maybe you could mail yours in from SK?!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Very good info.
Thanks a lot.

Rob

Here's the FAQ from the US Embassy - http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new..._visa_niv.html .

What if I want to stay in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean?

If your ticket terminates in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean, you must be a legal resident of the area in order to qualify for visa free travel. If you are not and your stay will extend beyond 90 days from the date on which you first entered the United States, you will require a visa. Legal Permanent residents include diplomats, students or temporary workers at companies located in these areas.

If I am transiting through the United States to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands in the Caribbean under the Visa Waiver Program, does the 90 day period begin on my initial entry into the United States, even though I am there for only a couple of hours?

The regulations are the same as if you entered the United States for a holiday. If you will transit the United States to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean the total trip, including both periods of time spent in the United States, Canada/Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean islands cannot exceed 90 days. If it does, you will require a visa, unless you are a legal permanent resident of the country.

I've never gone through the US on a one-way myself, only with a return but I travel on a Canadian passport so am never part of the waiver program anyway. Certainly people here have reported being denied boarding, Babsi recently said she was denied on a Delta flight with a one-way through the US to Canada and no PR card.

Again, regardless of the rights and wrongs from immigration policy pov, it's probably worth checking with the airline - if they're not going to let you board you can be as right as you want, you ain't going anywhere

P.S. A friend visiting Vancouver forgot to surrender his I-94 stub after a daytrip to Seattle. In a panic he phoned the US Embassy in London who said he should mail it in to them, they would accept his doing so from the UK as proof that he was not an overstayer in the US. Maybe you could mail yours in from SK?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.