Landed in Vancouver

Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

afzalulh will become famous soon enoughafzalulh will become famous soon enough
Default Landed in Vancouver

Landed in Vancouver last week. Total process was too easy and took not more than 15 minutes.

Entered the Vancouver airport, a lady directed us to the immigration. In a booth social workers gave us lots of forms and booklets and gave informations about 'to-do's. Then went to the immigration booths. A nice lady called us. Took the CBSA form which I got in the plane and filled. Asked 3+ 1 questions, "have you ever been..." etc and "how much money did you bring...". I had a bank draft of 15000 CAD$+ Cash CAD$3000+US$4500. But the lady accepted CAD$3000 only. Then she asked me to have a new photo. I knew from previous posts that after 24hours journey I was looking like a convicted person, so handed her another photo. Then she talked to another IO who told that the photo in COPR is ok. So i had to sign COPR of mine and two children. My spouse signed her COPR. She stapled a copy to each passport and returned to us with the CBSA declaration form.Then only she said "Welcome to Canada."

Collected our baggages and at the exit met CBSA. I didn't have 'goods to follow' but had list of goods I had. They took the declaration form, just took a look at the list I had and said they don't need it. They gave a paper and said if I have goods to follow, I can make a list and submit it later.

After 4 years waiting I could not imagine of such a easy process!

Next day was Sunday. On Monday We went to the nearest Canadian Service Center for our SIN number. A lady took our passports and filled some online forms, gave us temporary SIN number and said we will get the SIN cards within 9 days.

Thats the story for now.

Thanks to all members and mates for helping me all the way

AFZALULH
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:20 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed in Vancouver

Well done x x x x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and Welcome to Canada!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:46 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats - welcome to Vancouver
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

BRITSBC is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Landed in Vancouver

Originally Posted by afzalulh
Landed in Vancouver last week. Total process was too easy and took not more than 15 minutes.

Entered the Vancouver airport, a lady directed us to the immigration. In a booth social workers gave us lots of forms and booklets and gave informations about 'to-do's. Then went to the immigration booths. A nice lady called us. Took the CBSA form which I got in the plane and filled. Asked 3+ 1 questions, "have you ever been..." etc and "how much money did you bring...". I had a bank draft of 15000 CAD$+ Cash CAD$3000+US$4500. But the lady accepted CAD$3000 only. Then she asked me to have a new photo. I knew from previous posts that after 24hours journey I was looking like a convicted person, so handed her another photo. Then she talked to another IO who told that the photo in COPR is ok. So i had to sign COPR of mine and two children. My spouse signed her COPR. She stapled a copy to each passport and returned to us with the CBSA declaration form.Then only she said "Welcome to Canada."

Collected our baggages and at the exit met CBSA. I didn't have 'goods to follow' but had list of goods I had. They took the declaration form, just took a look at the list I had and said they don't need it. They gave a paper and said if I have goods to follow, I can make a list and submit it later.

After 4 years waiting I could not imagine of such a easy process!

Next day was Sunday. On Monday We went to the nearest Canadian Service Center for our SIN number. A lady took our passports and filled some online forms, gave us temporary SIN number and said we will get the SIN cards within 9 days.

Thats the story for now.

Thanks to all members and mates for helping me all the way

AFZALULH
Welcome to Canada! I remember how bedraggled we felt when we arrived in Vancouver many years ago (our two year old curled up in a ball at the Immigration Officer's feet and went to sleep!) After you have recovered from your jet lag you will begin to feel human again and can start enjoying your new life! Good Luck to you all!

Cheers
Margaret
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

o i feel so jealous and just cannot wait to land in june 08, on my twp my house is still on the market, i will have to pay for rent in vancouver and mortgage in uk,

San
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

architeutus is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrads afzalulh, I hope the immigration people in Toronto will be just as nice as the ones at Vancouver. Do keep everyone updated on things we should watch out for.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

afzalulh
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Daisytop33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! Me and my partner will be landing on May the 17th and i'm excited aswell as extremely nervous, and full of mixed emotions at the moment. But my moto is not to regret anything in life and i hope everything works out well for you as well as for us. Goodluck!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

minimour is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi afzalulh

Great to hear that you have landed, hope you are settling nicely in Surrey (you mentioned your brother's place) and that job hunt is going on well.

As for me, still waiting and waiting, getting more flustered everyday as I sent in the docs in early Jan and still no news. Was targetting arrival in May in order to get my soon-to-be 5-yr-old boy registered for school (heard registration is in June) for fall semester but seems its a goner.

Have you gotten a car to move around? Will you be staying in Surrey too?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minimour
Hi afzalulh

Great to hear that you have landed, hope you are settling nicely in Surrey (you mentioned your brother's place) and that job hunt is going on well.

As for me, still waiting and waiting, getting more flustered everyday as I sent in the docs in early Jan and still no news. Was targetting arrival in May in order to get my soon-to-be 5-yr-old boy registered for school (heard registration is in June) for fall semester but seems its a goner.

Have you gotten a car to move around? Will you be staying in Surrey too?
It's nice to hear from you! Registration in elementary school is no problem at all. I took my daughter to the nearest school and they enrolled her to grade 5 (as her age is 10). So you don't need to worry about the session of the school. Take time and prepare yourself for the cold weather here.

I'm staying in surrey. Don't have a car yet. Transportation is great here! Buses, sky trains and sea buses are always available.

Hope you will hear from CIC soon.

Regards

afzalulh
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

architeutus is an unknown quantity at this point

Have patience, Minimour, yours is probably due this month, mine took exactly 3 months. You'll probably receive it end of this month, since they have to send it to your lawyer 1st.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi Architeutus

Hope its sooner than end April since we applied direct (did not use lawyers). In fact, I have friends there who will bring our passports back to us but they will come back to NZ by last week of April so very anxious for the PPR.

Are you all set to go? Bought your air-tickets already? When will you be landing in Toronto?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Afzalulh

Thanks for the info but I was worried since I saw there you need to register your child by June to get placement for Fall Semester (start of the school year).
Also, was also worried all the vacancies would have been taken up should I arrive in the middle of school year, especially for good schools. Do you know if this is the case, or is it that no matter when you arrive, so long as you stay within the proximity of the school, there will be a space for your child?

Yes, I see that winter is still there in Vancouver (was there a hail storm?)so should be chilly. Here in Auckland, weather is turning to Autumn so night temp are in the teens as well...hope to get out of here before winter arrives..

Would love to hear about how you are settling and your thoughts about life there so far, do shed me some light (I love details) when you are free to write
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minimour
Hi Afzalulh

Thanks for the info but I was worried since I saw there you need to register your child by June to get placement for Fall Semester (start of the school year).
Also, was also worried all the vacancies would have been taken up should I arrive in the middle of school year, especially for good schools. Do you know if this is the case, or is it that no matter when you arrive, so long as you stay within the proximity of the school, there will be a space for your child?

Yes, I see that winter is still there in Vancouver (was there a hail storm?)so should be chilly. Here in Auckland, weather is turning to Autumn so night temp are in the teens as well...hope to get out of here before winter arrives..

Would love to hear about how you are settling and your thoughts about life there so far, do shed me some light (I love details) when you are free to write
Hi Minimour,

I don't know about the private schools. But in the public schools you can register anytime.

afzalulh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.