Landed in Toronto 2 hours ago!

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default Landed in Toronto 2 hours ago!

Wow, was that easy or what!

My plane touched down just after 3pm. But despite having a very comfy seat thanks to my British Airways employed brother, I couldn't sleep on the flight, so I was feeling a bit worse for wear when I got to the passport control.

After explaining to a very young and confused looking passport control officer that I wanted to land, I was directed to the Immigration Control Office along the corridor.

There were only two other people there, a Russian couple in front of me who smiled at me in a "we're both going to be Canadian!" kind of way.

The officer who dealt with my case didn't ask for proof of funds and basically just asked for my Canadian address and got me to sign the forms. Stamp, stamp and that was it! I was then sent to get my welcome to Canada pack and a few minutes later had my bag and was out in arrivals. The whole process only took 5 minutes ...completely stress-free but perhaps a little anticlimactic.

I'd like to thank everyone on this board for all the great advice and support that's been given over the last 2 years, couldn't have coped without it.

All the best everyone and I hope you all enjoy Canada as much as I'm going to!

Tim.

PS - How can I post a pic?

Last edited by humanist; Feb 3rd 2011 at 9:47 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:56 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed in Toronto 2 hours ago!

Originally Posted by humanist

Tim.

PS - How can I post a pic?
Great news

To post a pic use the 'Manage Attachments' button when replying or creating a post. The rest is self evident.

best regards
James
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Here I am! With my fetching new maple leaf mittens.
Attached Thumbnails Landed in Toronto 2 hours ago!-landed-2.jpg   Landed in Toronto 2 hours ago!-landed.jpg  
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:14 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome pics
Gratz
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:03 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic! So glad you made the flight ok! I was thinking about you in the collection queue at the High Commission yesterday!

By the way - great mittens!

Last edited by Funky Florist; Feb 4th 2011 at 6:29 am.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Nice to see you settled so quickly with the local garments - mittens

All the best mate, and i'll hopefully be doing the same trip later this year.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Congratulations !!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:35 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Well done... Looking like one happy bunny