British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Landed Today at Kitchener CIC Office!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/landed-today-kitchener-cic-office-630152/)

LynseySmith Sep 10th 2009 9:21 pm

Landed Today at Kitchener CIC Office!!!

Hi expats & potential ones!

I've not been on here much since the kids and I joined my husband Greg in Canada on June 20th. Been busy settling into our new Canadian home and just getting out and about enjoying the summer months here.

In a nutshell:- Greg started work on his TWP in May. When we first joined him, we stayed in a company townhouse rental, then a hotel for a few nights, and eventually got into our own home in north west Waterloo on July 17th. Loving it here. Hubby's enjoying his new 'dream' job and the kids were at our neighbourhood outdoor pool nearly everyday. Just glad my eldest is now back at school after a 10 week vacation!!!! She's loving school too. We live in a lovely spacious suburb, close to the countryside too....I've found everyone very welcoming. For Greg, the best thing is being less than 10 minutes from work. In fact he cycles most days at the moment.

After a long and stressful wait (just on 3 years), we finally got our PR visas in August and with being here on TWPs, we were able to phone a 1-800 number and arrange a local landing appointment, saving a trip across to the US. We called the number and it took about 3 weeks to get the appointment through.

So, this morning we had a really relaxed landing experience, driving 20 mins to our local Kitcher office and going through our paperwork with a very pleasant lady there. She said we should get our PR cards now within about 4 weeks.

I know it's early days, but not regretting it for a minute. Looking forward to the change of seasons now and taking the kids to the local ski hill in the Winter. There's so much to do here.

Lynsey :D

cool497 Sep 10th 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Landed Today at Kitchener CIC Office!!!

Can u pls share 1800 pls

purple80 Sep 11th 2009 2:25 am

Congratulations Lynsey

Coffeepot Sep 11th 2009 9:11 am

congratulations, hope you enjoy the winter fun :thumbsup:

Walsh Clan Sep 11th 2009 9:30 am

All sounds great, congrats Lynsey!

Wags18uk Sep 11th 2009 9:34 am

Hi Lynsey

Just wanted to say congrats on your move. We have just returned from visiting our friends that live in Baden, not far from Kitchener/Waterloo. We are just waiting on our medical requests from London (our AOR is 6th July) and hope to be moving to Baden some time next year. If is a lovely place to be in.

Congrats again :thumbsup:

Mark

LynseySmith Sep 11th 2009 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by cool497 (Post 7921389)
Can u pls share 1800 pls

No longer have the number - it was on a letter with our landing papers - we handed everything in yesterday. Sorry! It is written on the standard letter sent back with passports, visas and paperwork.

Lynsey

LynseySmith Sep 11th 2009 1:18 pm

Thanks for all of your good wishes :)

LynseySmith Sep 11th 2009 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 7922610)
Hi Lynsey

Just wanted to say congrats on your move. We have just returned from visiting our friends that live in Baden, not far from Kitchener/Waterloo. We are just waiting on our medical requests from London (our AOR is 6th July) and hope to be moving to Baden some time next year. If is a lovely place to be in.

Congrats again :thumbsup:

Mark

Hi Mark, haven't made it out to Baden yet, but I know the countryside to the west of here is beautiful and rolling. So, with nice scenery, lively towns and access to the big city - it adds up to a great place...esp for bringing up children.
Best of luck with the rest of your application!
L

Monkey Puzzle Sep 15th 2009 6:02 pm

Oooo, that's got to feel good .......fab landings!

We are planning to land as PRs in the Victoria office when we get our passports/visas back in the next month or so. I was wondering if it would be as exciting as physically crossing the border, getting the wee flag and the "welcome to Canada". However, the ferry trip to the mainland, the drive and wait to get into the US and the hassle factor outweigh that so we'll be very happy to go be able to go to the office to make it all "official". (Then meet with pals later for many many drinkies.)

Congrats!!! Glad it's all going well for you.