A Landed question

Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

minxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really nice
Default Re: A Landed question

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Your son's medical was furthered and then you had the second medical and investigation. Those results are sent to the Regional Medical Centre. Those results will be reviewed by 2 Immigration Medical Officers to determine if the needs of your son will cause excessive demand.
2. If the decision is that they will cause "excessive demand" before the application is refused, CIC will send you a fairness letter, outlining the concerns of Immigration.
3. At this point it will be up to you to convince CIC/CHC that you have plans and the funds so that the child will not be a burden and will not cost the taxpayer for his future education and training.
4. No stating that you will be responsible for any costs above $5400+ is admirable, but is not what CIC/CHC wants to see.
5. As I said before this is not really a "Do it yourself project" you should really contact an Immigration lawyer well versed in medical refusals. It will not be cheap. You probably can wait to see if you get a fairness letter or an approval before you take the next steps, but you will only have 60 days to respond. But you should really consult with someone who knows what they are doing in these sort of cases.
6. The procedure is outlined in the following manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op15-eng.pdf
Sir, you have sent this reply to myself (minxymel). I am the the originator of this thread, this person tagged on to a previous post I had sent you.

With this and your reply in mind, our son has slight language delay, has had a furtherance report completed as requested by CIC London.

The Educational Psychologist report that was done for our son states he will need" NO MORE " than 10 mins per day whilst at school to aid his speech and language development.

Our son is 4yrs and 10 months old, just started main stream infants school.

We have set CIC 1x fax and 1x email, to chase up if a decision has been reached, as the medical furtherance report was sent to CIC in Mid November 2009.

We have not received any communications from CIC London.
Many thanks