Landed as PR today

Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:59 am
Just Joined

oliverfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed as PR today

landed today using my COPR I'm a british citizen

the border officer and I signed my copr he kept a copy and gave me my copy

and stamped my passport - the stamp it's like a normal stamp you get when you come into canada plus he wrote the copr doc number under the stamp

is that all correct? I thought he would have stamped saying I was a PR or something along those lines can anyone confirm that it's all ok what he did

I was given no welcome to canada it seemed rushed to me..

Is the stamp correct with the copr doc number under the stamp?

thanks
Old Aug 30th 2013, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landed as PR today

Originally Posted by oliverfox

and stamped my passport - the stamp it's like a normal stamp you get when you come into canada plus he wrote the copr doc number under the stamp

is that all correct? I thought he would have stamped saying I was a PR or something along those lines can anyone confirm that it's all ok what he did

thanks
Sounds about right to me. Stamp with a hand written number on it. After a year and a half and a LOT of money, you'd expect a bit more, maybe a ticker-tape parade etc, lol.

We didn't get a "welcome to Canada" either, lol.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I think they scribbled 'PR' on mine in addition to that, but otherwise it was the same. Once you have your PR card, it's irrelevant anyway.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:15 am
Just Joined

thanks for the reply

Checked my stamp again its the standard entry stamp with today's date
and he wrote I--------

and at the bottom of stamp the copr doc number

He also never stamped my b4 form goods that came with me today
plus said he'll have the pr card sent to the sponsors address on the copr

it wasn't a welcome to Canada experience more of a get lost welcome

Thanks guys - awesome forum
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:35 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Oof - how anticlimatic!

welcome to Canada!!! How exciting that it's all done now ... can't wait for that to happen to us.

Here's to new beginnings!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:05 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

When my husband landed in Toronto, he had to go to the separate immigration section, filled out bit of paperwork, and they gave him a whole "welcome to Canada" package - a carrying sack, some books and info about getting settled (SIN, OHIP, etc), a day planner (lol) and a few things like that... and the border dude said "Welcome to Canada" when we finished up!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
When my husband landed in Toronto, he had to go to the separate immigration section, filled out bit of paperwork, and they gave him a whole "welcome to Canada" package - a carrying sack, some books and info about getting settled (SIN, OHIP, etc), a day planner (lol) and a few things like that... and the border dude said "Welcome to Canada" when we finished up!
Ditto - same for me. Told them I was landing at Toronto Pearson last October, and they sent me to a separate room for processing and got a nice tote bag with pamphlets and welcome books. I felt wanted
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the replys - I was just worried about the immigration stamp..

I'm happy I have PR status thats what really matters, going in today to get my sin number so I can start working

Last edited by oliverfox; Aug 30th 2013 at 12:24 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Due to budgetary measures CBSA/CIC have cut back on the amount of ticker tape parades and marching bands for landings.
Some offices will give you a Welcome to Canada package that may contain a pamphlet and maybe even a Canadian pin or some cheap made in Chinese piece of tat.
The stamp in your passport will just be an I with a line and the T number from your COPR written underneath the stamp.
You may get the happy smiling face Welcome to Canada you are now officially a Permanent Resident and a reminder of the 730 day residency obligation and perhaps where to register for healthcare and get a SIN or maybe just a Here you go sort of look which basically means **** Off cant you see Im busy and not another bloody Brit Immigrant.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 1:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

^LOL!!!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply

Checked my stamp again its the standard entry stamp with today's date
and he wrote I--------

and at the bottom of stamp the copr doc number

He also never stamped my b4 form goods that came with me today
plus said he'll have the pr card sent to the sponsors address on the copr

it wasn't a welcome to Canada experience more of a get lost welcome

Thanks guys - awesome forum
We got the surly treatment too when we landed. They kept us waiting in a freezing cold hallway for no apparent reason, 3 CBSO sitting around chatting, then we were told off for something.
Contrasted nicely with the very helpful and friendly USA border people we had just been with.

The last time I came through Pearson was the first time with a Canadian passport, I got a "Welcome home". That was nice.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
We got the surly treatment too when we landed. They kept us waiting in a freezing cold hallway for no apparent reason, 3 CBSO sitting around chatting, then we were told off for something.
Contrasted nicely with the very helpful and friendly USA border people we had just been with.

The last time I came through Pearson was the first time with a Canadian passport, I got a "Welcome home". That was nice.
Apparently senior management are looking at purchasing the yellow smiley badges that WalMart greeters wear and say Hi Can I Help You
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:25 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Apparently senior management are looking at purchasing the yellow smiley badges that WalMart greeters wear and say Hi Can I Help You
There's really no need to be facetious. Surely if CBSA could manage a few pleasantries then the public might have a higher opinion of them? If that doesn't bother CBSA the how about people having a better opinion of Canada? It would make your job easier too, smiling, being nice to people. The majority of us aren't villains and there's really no need to treat us in such a cavalier manner.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thought FL's comment was hilarious - made me chuckle. Personally I would rather be met with a band of CBSO who had just lost their syndicate winning million dollar lottery ticket than our local Walmart grunters!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:49 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
That's how it's done. Canada, like the UK, tends to be a bit low key. You're just one of the many hundreds who land each and every day.

Your copy of the COPR letter is the important document. Do not lose it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.