Landed - Peace Arch

Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Landed - Peace Arch

Went smoothly. spent 40 mins waiting to get to the border to flagpole, spent 2 minutes in the US side, then back to the Canadian side (which was much nicer ), no one seemed to be in a rush there, handed in the COPR, passports, 10 mins later called back, asked usual questions (if been arrested, any dependents etc..) signed in the green box and off we went.
No further questions, done.
I can now relax and wait for my PR card. :-)

Thanks to anyone who helped answer my questions and this great forum for such valuable information shared, im sure that it saved me thousands in lawyer/consultant fees (sorry consultants). On a side note, the reputable Andrew Millar told me at the start of my process and after providing all of my details, that I would not be eligible for PR... im glad I ignored his advice.

Thanks again.
Scott
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed - Peace Arch

wonderful news congratualtions
andrew millar told me we would be deported blah blah blah and risked imprisonment

we have had meds
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
Went smoothly. spent 40 mins waiting to get to the border to flagpole, spent 2 minutes in the US side, then back to the Canadian side (which was much nicer ), no one seemed to be in a rush there, handed in the COPR, passports, 10 mins later called back, asked usual questions (if been arrested, any dependents etc..) signed in the green box and off we went.
No further questions, done.
I can now relax and wait for my PR card. :-)

Thanks to anyone who helped answer my questions and this great forum for such valuable information shared, im sure that it saved me thousands in lawyer/consultant fees (sorry consultants). On a side note, the reputable Andrew Millar told me at the start of my process and after providing all of my details, that I would not be eligible for PR... im glad I ignored his advice.

Thanks again.
Scott
Congratulations Scott - good luck with your life in Canada!

Michelle
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

Thanks guys,

Im just trying to find a place near me to get a new SIN number. I called CIC and they said to get a new SIN you need to have citizenship?! I thought as I now have PR I could go to a service canada and get a new permanent SIN number.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks guys,

Im just trying to find a place near me to get a new SIN number. I called CIC and they said to get a new SIN you need to have citizenship?! I thought as I now have PR I could go to a service canada and get a new permanent SIN number.
Open the phone book, look in the blue pages for Service Canada , voila the office locations. Or follow this link http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-...t&pv=bc&ln=eng
Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Open the phone book, look in the blue pages for Service Canada , voila the office locations. Or follow this link http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-...t&pv=bc&ln=eng
Thanks, Ive found a place but my concern was with what they advised regarding not being able to renew the sin without citizenship, i take it she has been misinformed
Old Apr 16th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how someone at cic could be so inaccurate? Hard to beleive huh Dont they give blank copies of sin application when applicants land?

Thanks guys,

Old Apr 16th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
I wonder how someone at cic could be so inaccurate? Hard to beleive huh Dont they give blank copies of sin application when applicants land?
yeah, we even argued the case with her and said that on Landing we were advised to seek a service canada office to acquire a new SIN, she wouldnt have it.
I didnt get a SIN application from the border office, maybe you do if you land from outside of canada, its found online anyway.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 8:12 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Ive found a place but my concern was with what they advised regarding not being able to renew the sin without citizenship, i take it she has been misinformed

They are wrong. Take your COPR and passport into Services Canada and they'll issue a new SIN that doesn't start with a 9 on the spot.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Probably she should have said phone Service Canada, it is not our department.