Landed in Nova Scotia Sept 7th

Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

bazza2154 will become famous soon enoughbazza2154 will become famous soon enough
Default Landed in Nova Scotia Sept 7th

Just to let everyone know we landed in Halifax Nova Scotia last night on the 7th Sept.

What an easy un-stressful straightforward process it was our plane (Canadian Affair) touched down at 16:45 and by 17:45 we were in our hire car driving to our accommodation 50 minutes later we were sitting on the porch of our hosts John and June in the Elephants Nest Bed and Breakfast drinking wine.

Just to let anybody coming to land in Nova Scotia know this is the procedure for landing.

Fill out part A of the landing card on the plane and then plead ignorance as to whether you needed to fill out part B as a returning resident which your are not or part C as a visitor which you also are not. Take this to passport control and explain that you are landing and he will ask if you have all your paperwork with you. They are very used to dealing with landing immigrants so they are very helpful.

After doing the normal passport checks they will direct you along a corridor to another desk where you will present your immigration paperwork and your passports. Here you will answer three questions about being denied entry to Canada etc and then asked to confirm how much money you are bringing into Canada. We had our Scotia Bank online statement printed out but they did not want to see this. You will need an address for your PR cards to be posted to at this point.

You then go and collect your bags taking your landing card with you which you present at the exit. Tell the Customs official you are landing and have a goods to follow list and he will direct you down another corridor where you will present your goods to follow list. We filled out an excel spreadsheet listing items as boxed or individual with all electronic serial numbers listed. We then just refered to the page numbers on the official custom form all pre printed out with two copies. The customs lady was over the moon with our paperwork and after giving us a reference number and asking us to sign the forms she sent us happily on our way.

Easy as anything and no stress. Although I can imagine if it was busy you would get caught up in a number of queues due to the multi stop system that is employed. My advise pre book your seats around rows 7 to 10 run like hell when the doors open and get to passport control first.

PS at Halifax take the stairs they are quicker than the escalator and I jumped at least 20 people in my linford Cristy sorry Ben johnston sprint (canadian now) by using the stairs.

Last edited by bazza2154; Sep 7th 2007 at 9:18 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:28 pm
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice
Default Re: Landed in Nova Scotia Sept 7th

Hi Bazza & Annie

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S O N L A N D I N G

Wow - sounds like a breeze - thanks for all the info. Speak soon.

Lisa
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Landed in Nova Scotia Sept 7th

[QUOTE=bazza2154;5287845]Just to let everyone know we landed in Halifax Nova Scotia last night on the 7th Sept.

Congrats
We hope to be landing soon, but headed to Toronto, hopefully things will go as smoothly; I'm dreading that bits with 5 grumpy kids and a stressed out hubby (doesn't like flying!)
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:55 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to a very sunny and hot Nova Scotia

Hope you all settle in very quickly.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Landed in Nova Scotia Sept 7th

Congratulations on the Landing!!!!!!!!
A big thankyou for the post as we have just booked our tickets with Canadian affair to land in Halifax to land on 11th Oct, you have put my mind at rest and will do the same as you then with the goods to follow list as they liked that.
Where are you hoping to settle? we have decided on Mahone bay as we visited there and fell in love with it. Enjoy your new adventure in life!!!!!
Paula
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:57 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Landed in Nova Scotia Sept 7th

Originally Posted by bazza2154
Just to let everyone know we landed in Halifax Nova Scotia last night on the 7th Sept.

What an easy un-stressful straightforward process it was our plane (Canadian Affair) touched down at 16:45 and by 17:45 we were in our hire car driving to our accommodation 50 minutes later we were sitting on the porch of our hosts John and June in the Elephants Nest Bed and Breakfast drinking wine.

Just to let anybody coming to land in Nova Scotia know this is the procedure for landing.

Fill out part A of the landing card on the plane and then plead ignorance as to whether you needed to fill out part B as a returning resident which your are not or part C as a visitor which you also are not. Take this to passport control and explain that you are landing and he will ask if you have all your paperwork with you. They are very used to dealing with landing immigrants so they are very helpful.

After doing the normal passport checks they will direct you along a corridor to another desk where you will present your immigration paperwork and your passports. Here you will answer three questions about being denied entry to Canada etc and then asked to confirm how much money you are bringing into Canada. We had our Scotia Bank online statement printed out but they did not want to see this. You will need an address for your PR cards to be posted to at this point.

You then go and collect your bags taking your landing card with you which you present at the exit. Tell the Customs official you are landing and have a goods to follow list and he will direct you down another corridor where you will present your goods to follow list. We filled out an excel spreadsheet listing items as boxed or individual with all electronic serial numbers listed. We then just refered to the page numbers on the official custom form all pre printed out with two copies. The customs lady was over the moon with our paperwork and after giving us a reference number and asking us to sign the forms she sent us happily on our way.

Easy as anything and no stress. Although I can imagine if it was busy you would get caught up in a number of queues due to the multi stop system that is employed. My advise pre book your seats around rows 7 to 10 run like hell when the doors open and get to passport control first.

PS at Halifax take the stairs they are quicker than the escalator and I jumped at least 20 people in my linford Cristy sorry Ben johnston sprint (canadian now) by using the stairs.
Welcome to North America.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I am so jealous, I wish it was me. Congratulations though. I look forward to joining you next year. Keep us all informed of how the "settling in" period goes.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Maple Cupcakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, what a wonderful feeling it must be!

We have along way to go yet but are hoping to go Nova Scotia too. Can't keep my OH away from living near the sea for long (ex submariner!)

All the best

Sue
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Many, many congrats on a succesful landing, and WELCOME TO CANADA.

Good luck for the next few weeks.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bazza2154

CONGRATULATIONS!!! and welcome to Nova Scotia and it's still hot 30 degrees today.
Thank you for the information I am sure it will help others. It was interesting to me because we considered flying back to the UK and then coming back to land at Halifax, but instead we chose to drive to Maine for a few days and come back in through St Stephen, New Brunswick. They were excellent and never even asked to see our proof of finances we were carrying with us. After all we had been through it was the simplest proccess. We have been partying all weekend to celebrate.

Which part of this beautiful province have you chosen to settle in? We are on the Sunrise Trail on Malagash Point looking out onto the warm waters of the Northumberland Strait looking across to PEI. We just love it here in Nova Scotia and I am from Bingley, West Yorkshire like (manghams) above.

Last edited by Ontheboatout; Sep 26th 2007 at 5:09 pm.