Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landed - Immigration Advised "Goods To Follow List Not Needed Yet,Call When Arrived"

Landed - Immigration Advised "Goods To Follow List Not Needed Yet,Call When Arrived"

Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:45 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Landed - Immigration Advised "Goods To Follow List Not Needed Yet,Call When Arrived"

Please Help.
When we landed in Vancouver the immigration officer didnt want to see our goods to follow list or our proof of funds, She said that the goods to follow list wasnt needed and was given a letter from Canadian Border Services Agency advising what to do when personal effects arrive in VANCOUVER, problem is we are to live in CALGARY and landed in Vancouver as we were taking a holiday before continuing to Calgary.
We have to return to UK to sell properties before we can move for good.

The letter states to call a number in Vancouver when goods arrived and to make an appointment to get goods released from customs.
It also states that you have to take to the appointment :

passports of landed members
IMM5292B landing papers
shipping agents documents
cargo manifest
list of personal effects

Has anyone else received this standard letter and does anyone have the Calgary number.

Yes I am going to call the Vancouver number when their offices open but for now any info would be great.

Last edited by us3andthedog; Jan 12th 2009 at 4:48 am.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of
Default Re: Landed - Immigration Advised "Goods To Follow List Not Needed Yet,Call When Arriv

We didn't receive a letter of any kind (not that I'm aware of anyway). The guy stamped our goods to follow form and said to call customs when our stuff arrives to arrange collection/delivery.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:46 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Re: Landed - Immigration Advised "Goods To Follow List Not Needed Yet,Call When Arriv

Originally Posted by minimeeze
We didn't receive a letter of any kind (not that I'm aware of anyway). The guy stamped our goods to follow form and said to call customs when our stuff arrives to arrange collection/delivery.
I called the Border Information Services on 1-800-461-999 and couldnt get through. Called the number for outside Canada 204-983-3500 (even though in Canada) was transfered to Border Services in Vancouver which was an answerphone, message advised to call 1-800-461-999 (number which just transfered me)
Recalled the 204 number and a lady transfered me to a Calgary office couldnt give me tel number but advised the address, told to call at the office 2588 27th St NE to show goods to follow list.They did advise that I could probably call the Vancouver number and should be ok just to advise when goods arrive.

Dont know about you but i'd rather not take the risk, hope this info helps for anyone else in the same boat.
Will let you know what happens after been to the office in Calgary.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:47 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

Originally Posted by minimeeze
Did they give you a contact number for customs?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:00 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
I called the Border Information Services on 1-800-461-999 and couldnt get through. Called the number for outside Canada 204-983-3500 (even though in Canada) was transfered to Border Services in Vancouver which was an answerphone, message advised to call 1-800-461-999 (number which just transfered me)
Recalled the 204 number and a lady transfered me to a Calgary office couldnt give me tel number but advised the address, told to call at the office 2588 27th St NE to show goods to follow list.They did advise that I could probably call the Vancouver number and should be ok just to advise when goods arrive.

Dont know about you but i'd rather not take the risk, hope this info helps for anyone else in the same boat.
Will let you know what happens after been to the office in Calgary.
We went to the office in Calgary, had the goods to follow list stamped, they kept a copy and we had the other, have to go back to same office when goods arrive in Canada to clear customs, no major problem but at least now its sorted
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
Please Help.
When we landed in Vancouver the immigration officer didnt want to see our goods to follow list or our proof of funds, She said that the goods to follow list wasnt needed and was given a letter from Canadian Border Services Agency advising what to do when personal effects arrive in VANCOUVER, problem is we are to live in CALGARY and landed in Vancouver as we were taking a holiday before continuing to Calgary.
We have to return to UK to sell properties before we can move for good.

The letter states to call a number in Vancouver when goods arrived and to make an appointment to get goods released from customs.
It also states that you have to take to the appointment :

passports of landed members
IMM5292B landing papers
shipping agents documents
cargo manifest
list of personal effects

Has anyone else received this standard letter and does anyone have the Calgary number.

Yes I am going to call the Vancouver number when their offices open but for now any info would be great.

We had this also. Immigration where not interested in our goods to follow list either. When our stuff arrived from the UK husband had to go down to the customs house in Victoria to sign some paperwork and that was it. No problems.