Landed Immigrants

Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Dinki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed Immigrants

New to the forum, heard from an uncle that it is not advised but possible to go to Canada and claim landed immigration, just turn up and say you want to stay, do not propose to do this unless it was a last resort, does anyone know what he mean;t.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:04 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed Immigrants

I came here as a landed immigrant 31 years ago. The term now is obsolete, and has been replaced with permanent resident.

Even when the term landed immigrant was used, you sure as heck couldn't just turn up. You had to apply in advance, and that still is the case with permanent residents.

The only people I know about who just show up are those who claim to be refugees. In order to be accepted as a refugee you have to prove that you are being persecuted in your home country, that your life would be in danger if you returned there or that you would be at risk of torture or cruel and unusual treatment.

Read Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration.
x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I came here as a landed immigrant 31 years ago. The term now is obsolete, and has been replaced with permanent resident.

Even when the term landed immigrant was used, you sure as heck couldn't just turn up. You had to apply in advance, and that still is the case with permanent residents.

The only people I know about who just show up are those who claim to be refugees. In order to be accepted as a refugee you have to prove that you are being persecuted in your home country, that your life would be in danger if you returned there or that you would be at risk of torture or cruel and unusual treatment.

x
Actually prior to 1975 you could just turn up at the Border and apply for PR status.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:57 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Actually prior to 1975 you could just turn up at the Border and apply for PR status.
Thanks for the clarification.
x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

This will open the flood gates for every English national living in England!

(My bold)

x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:13 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by happy hatter

(My bold)

x
x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:34 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy hatter

(My bold)
Why specifically English nationals (sic)?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:27 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by bazzz
Why specifically English nationals (sic)?
Are you honestly trying to tell me that I've become better at spotting BH (British Humour) than you? Or is acting dumb just another component of BH?
x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:34 am

Are you honestly trying to tell me that I've become better at spotting BH (British Humour) than you? Or is acting dumb just another component of BH?
x
Just trying to flush out another racist.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Dave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant futureDave and Jo has a brilliant future

Racist ?! Bazzz....get a life, do you want someone to help you down off your high horse before you get a nose bleed.
I am sure happy hatter wasnt being racist so just give it a rest.
Dave.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Dave and Jo
Racist ?! Bazzz....get a life, do you want someone to help you down off your high horse before you get a nose bleed.
I am sure happy hatter wasnt being racist so just give it a rest.
Dave.
Really? Sounds like the typical anti-immigrant moan to me, else why would he feel the need to single out English nationals? I know his type.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Really? Sounds like the typical anti-immigrant moan to me, else why would he feel the need to single out English nationals? I know his type.
Bazzz,

You know nothing about me.

Q. Have I ever mentioned I was anti - immigrant?

A. No, if I was would I choose to become an immigrant?

Q. Am I a racist?

A. No.

Q. Have I ever mentioned anything racist?

A. No

Q. Am I English?

A. Yes, so why can't I mention England it is my home country after all.

Q. Do I have a sense of humour?

A. Yes.

Q. Do you?

A. .....................................?

Conclusion: You have come across as a bit of an idiot with your comments, IMO, however, I take no offence. Use this as a learning exercise and move on. Who knows one day you may do one act of random kindness that makes you a worthwhile contributor to BE.

HH
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:51 am

So what did you mean with your comments?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:05 am
Now on Vancouver Island

So what did you mean with your comments?
I can't speak for Happy Hatter, but I interpreted it as a joke about Whinging Poms.

P.S. The instructor in my remedial class for victims of BHDS (British Humour Deficiency Syndrome) is always looking for more students.
x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:15 am

I can't speak for Happy Hatter, but I interpreted it as a joke about Whinging Poms.

P.S. The instructor in my remedial class for victims of BHDS (British Humour Deficiency Syndrome) is always looking for more students.
x
Has you instructor got on to such delightful characters as Bernard Manning and Roy "Chubby" Brown yet? That'll give you a real insight into the British psyche.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.