Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landed exactly one week ago and OH and 3 kids landed last night

Wikiposts

Landed exactly one week ago and OH and 3 kids landed last night

Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Hydraman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed exactly one week ago and OH and 3 kids landed last night

Hi all

Some few weeks back I asked the forum if I will have to show prove of funds again if my family lands after I have landed and proved everything including funds.

I didn't get much response. Either because not many people saw my post or not many people know the answer.

Well, here is my personal experience. I landed before my family exactly one week today and went through the landing process very smoothly. Not a word from Immigration Officer about prove of funds. The only question she asked was about when my family will be landing. She asked if I will be going back to the UK to bring them. I said they will follow a week later. That was it.

I had stated on the landing card they give you on the plane that I have more than $10,000 in cash and drafts on me. As a result they sent me to customs where they wanted to count the money. I told the customs officer that actually most of the money is in the bank draft I was carrying and that the cash was only $4000. She said in that case she was not going to bother counting it. Everyone was so polite, friendly and helpful.

If I didn't have enough prove of funds I could have gone through but knowing my luck, that is when they will demand to see prove of funds. I Didn't want to take any risks with that so I prepared myself.

Last night I went to the airport (Pearson international) to welcome my family to Canada. I waited and waited for over 2 hours for them to come out. After a while and when the arrival hall became deserted and still no sign of them I started to get a bit worried. I wanted to find out if there was a problem but no one to ask. Then just when I was really really beginning to get more worried they appeared with all smiles. They have actually landed with no problems at all. They were late because they had a lot of luggage with them and it took time to get everything together. Apparently my wife decided to bring the whole of London to Mississauga.

Well, if you need to know, from my experience, you can land before your family and you do not need to show prove of funds again. No question was asked about prove of funds again. They simply welcome them to Canada, told my wife how to go about finding school for my 2 kids and wished them well in Canada.

I have interesting experience about my application process but that will be another post another time.

Thank you all for all your comments and advice during my research.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed exactly one week ago and OH and 3 kids landed last night

All very useful information - thanks for sharing. Good luck with the rest of the settling process!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Hi

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck to you all!

All I know is if you have a job offer than you don't need to worry about showing liquid funds. Did you show you had a job?

Angela
Old Aug 16th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Hydraman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robert_masters
Hi

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck to you all!

All I know is if you have a job offer than you don't need to worry about showing liquid funds. Did you show you had a job?

Angela

Angela

I came through the Federal Skill Workers program as an accountant with many years experience. I did not have a job on offer so I needed to show prove of funds.