Landed

Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:33 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of
Default Landed

Well here I am a landed Permanent resident. Landed on 4 bought a car on 6 August moved into rental apartment 10 August and now got most things I need for basic living. The first three weeks have been pretty hectic so have not had the luxury of time to log in here until tonight. But here I am and my wife Joins me on Sunday just in time for Labour day so we can spend some time together.

Th final stage at the airport was fairly straight forward - about half hour queing and 15min doing the paperwork and I was on my way to colect my luggage and dog then off to pick up the rental car and a pleasant drive to hope thinking - YIPEE it is all over.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:55 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Landed

I am so thrilled for you!!! Enjoy your new life.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

ImmSeeker is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations ! I am also planning to land in Oct. What all documents did they check at the airport.

Originally Posted by Airseir
Well here I am a landed Permanent resident. Landed on 4 bought a car on 6 August moved into rental apartment 10 August and now got most things I need for basic living. The first three weeks have been pretty hectic so have not had the luxury of time to log in here until tonight. But here I am and my wife Joins me on Sunday just in time for Labour day so we can spend some time together.

Th final stage at the airport was fairly straight forward - about half hour queing and 15min doing the paperwork and I was on my way to colect my luggage and dog then off to pick up the rental car and a pleasant drive to hope thinking - YIPEE it is all over.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:04 pm

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Iualification certificates, immigration form, passport, driving licence, immunisation records etc.

All they wanted was the big immigration form and my passport + any second peice of ID for which I used my UK licence.

My advice would be to have the lot. I just got a file out and told them to tell me what they wanted.

Originally Posted by ImmSeeker
Congratulations ! I am also planning to land in Oct. What all documents did they check at the airport.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:04 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Great....
have a good one mate
Congrats!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Hi immseeker

When do you plan to land as i am landing on 8th October in Calgary? :scared:

Might be the same flight?

Im just having my passport on me and my Copr and my alberta driving license should be good enough!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

ImmSeeker is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Airseir

I am landing on 1st Oct. How does it work for car and driving? Don't you need any documents before you get the car, looks like you bought it within two days. Don't they see canadian license to issue registration?

Please enlighten!!

Immseeker :
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

DJAD74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your final chapter of the immigration, and wish you all the best in your new life.Enjoy the Labour day with your wife and family.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

YES~*~*~*~Congratulations*~**~* must be a wonderful feeling for you..enjoy the weekend with your wife..
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds so familier...mirror image of my experience just over a year ago now, in cluding the dog! Time flies when enjoying...
Best of luck
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Party at your place then bbq it is all the best
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 5:45 pm

No it was real simple.

They took a copy of my English Driving licence and my paper immigration document. I didnt even have a permamnent address just a hotel room. 3 days later I had to change all the insurance but was able to walk into any insurance office and sort that out. Apparently when I get my Canadian licence (after written and practical test) I just let them know the new details.

Even paid for the car on UK Direct Debit card as my Money had not yet been transferred.

Dear Airseir

I am landing on 1st Oct. How does it work for car and driving? Don't you need any documents before you get the car, looks like you bought it within two days. Don't they see canadian license to issue registration?

Please enlighten!!

Immseeker :
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 5:46 pm

cant wait to pick her up.

What a stroke of luck having Labour day the next day so we can catch up on things and spend a romantic day together.

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
YES~*~*~*~Congratulations*~**~* must be a wonderful feeling for you..enjoy the weekend with your wife..
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on landing.... and welcome to Canada!!

Where are you calling home now? I'm wondering if you are in BC, because you mention taking the written & driving tests to get your licence.

Oggy

No it was real simple.

They took a copy of my English Driving licence and my paper immigration document. I didnt even have a permamnent address just a hotel room. 3 days later I had to change all the insurance but was able to walk into any insurance office and sort that out. Apparently when I get my Canadian licence (after written and practical test) I just let them know the new details.

Even paid for the car on UK Direct Debit card as my Money had not yet been transferred.