Landed

Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:07 am
Yabba dabba doo

Yabbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed

Hi Guys

Just to let you all I have now landed. I landed at Pearson at the end of October. Immigration took 10 minutes and was very smooth, the officer was a very pleasant woman who welcomed me to Canada. Then we saw customs that also took 10 minutes to complete, he took our list of goods to follow stamped it and welcomed us to Canada.

I applied for my SIN number with no hassle and received it 3 weeks later. My PR card arrived within approx 4 weeks. I applied for health insurance also and my 3 month waiting period is ticking away. I have also exchanged my drivers licence for a Quebec one with no problems at all.

We have also bought and are living in our house and are the owners of a new vehicle yeeehaaa.

Might not be able to get back online for a couple of weeks until my DSL gets set up.

Oh by the way I was a spousal immigrant from UK my timeline was posted.

Best Regards to you all.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:17 am
the-smiths

Default Re: Landed

Congratulations......there is nothing like a smooth move really, is there? I bet you have been out everyday down at "old montreal", checking out the sites, shops, excellent restaurants, and shopping till you drop on st cathrine street, which has the underground city. ......LOL

Good news all round !

Originally Posted by Yabbz
Hi Guys

Just to let you all I have now landed. I landed at Pearson at the end of October. Immigration took 10 minutes and was very smooth, the officer was a very pleasant woman who welcomed me to Canada. Then we saw customs that also took 10 minutes to complete, he took our list of goods to follow stamped it and welcomed us to Canada.

I applied for my SIN number with no hassle and received it 3 weeks later. My PR card arrived within approx 4 weeks. I applied for health insurance also and my 3 month waiting period is ticking away. I have also exchanged my drivers licence for a Quebec one with no problems at all.

We have also bought and are living in our house and are the owners of a new vehicle yeeehaaa.

Might not be able to get back online for a couple of weeks until my DSL gets set up.

Oh by the way I was a spousal immigrant from UK my timeline was posted.

Best Regards to you all.

Old Dec 1st 2004, 12:04 pm
Yabba dabba doo

Hi

Just waiting on our furniture to arrive from UK and it really will be a smooth transformation. Montreal is beautiful, all my in-laws live here so it's great having their support. The underground city is fantastic load of shops.

Bye for now

Originally Posted by the-smiths
Congratulations......there is nothing like a smooth move really, is there? I bet you have been out everyday down at "old montreal", checking out the sites, shops, excellent restaurants, and shopping till you drop on st cathrine street, which has the underground city. ......LOL

Good news all round !
Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Landed

Hi,

I am planning to come to Montreal in Jan would like to have some general information regarding housing and employment factors. Can you pass that on this forum.

Bye..
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:51 pm
Yabba dabba doo

You best post it in the Canadian life style and culture forum, I will try to read it when I can get on someones connection.

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Hi,

I am planning to come to Montreal in Jan would like to have some general information regarding housing and employment factors. Can you pass that on this forum.

Bye..