land border crossing

Old Feb 23rd 2023, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice
Default land border crossing

hi there we are permanent residents for 12 years and in process of citizenship our pr cards expired late last year and we applied to renew them in december using the online system this has been a process lol anyway my daughter is due to travel in april and is getting nervous as time is getting close we have called and sent case emails each time they reply we cant give more information than you see online , anyway if it came to it can she cross to the states by car with her record of landing and british passport take her flight from there and then return by car into canada using her record of landing has anyone done this or would it be a problem thanks for any help
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 11:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: land border crossing

Originally Posted by puggirl
hi there we are permanent residents for 12 years and in process of citizenship our pr cards expired late last year and we applied to renew them in december using the online system this has been a process lol anyway my daughter is due to travel in april and is getting nervous as time is getting close we have called and sent case emails each time they reply we cant give more information than you see online , anyway if it came to it can she cross to the states by car with her record of landing and british passport take her flight from there and then return by car into canada using her record of landing has anyone done this or would it be a problem thanks for any help

We entered twice by air last year with expired PR cards. The expired cards was pointed out at the end of our 2nd trip. Our fault, we applied almost a year before but with Covid etc we had forgotten. On landing in Canada this was pointed out to us and we were free to enter.

The first problem is flying to Canada. The agent at check departure may not accept an expired PR card. Ours did, but we flew from the US and IMO they are not as ‘on the ball’ as some countries. I would carry all correspondence showing that you have applied.

Entering by land is, I believe, a safer option.
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

thankyou very much i will give her the information and tell her to take copies of her applications she is too worried to try fly from and into canada but if she decides to drive across the border i think that will be a better option for her everything is taking so long at the moment
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We entered twice by air last year with expired PR cards. The expired cards was pointed out at the end of our 2nd trip. Our fault, we applied almost a year before but with Covid etc we had forgotten. On landing in Canada this was pointed out to us and we were free to enter.

The first problem is flying to Canada. The agent at check departure may not accept an expired PR card. Ours did, but we flew from the US and IMO they are not as ‘on the ball’ as some countries. I would carry all correspondence showing that you have applied.

Entering by land is, I believe, a safer option.
I think your case is slightly different as you hold a US passport and US passport holders don't require a visa/eta to enter Canada. I'm an EU passport holder and I was always asked to show my valid PR card when checking in at airpots in the US.
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 11:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
I think your case is slightly different as you hold a US passport and US passport holders don't require a visa/eta to enter Canada. I'm an EU passport holder and I was always asked to show my valid PR card when checking in at airpots in the US.
True but we are almost always asked to produce our PR cards, on leaving and entering Canada. Either way as UK/US citizens and Canadian PRs we are required to enter/leave Canada with valid PR cards. AFAIK we cannot enter just as visiting US citizens when we are PRs.