Labour Market Opinions

Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

betterlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Labour Market Opinions

I have been offered and accepted a job with a company in BC and they know they have to complete the Labour Market Opinion forms before I can apply for a work permit. They telephoned me twice last week saying they are working on it and want me there ASAP. Does anyone know or experienced waiting for an LMO confirmation number? How long does it take? I know at the moment the work permit can take up to 10 weeks. Thanks betterlife
Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default Re: Labour Market Opinions

my lmo took 8 wks to be processed. but that was for nova scotia.

might be different for bc
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:24 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

it will depend on what job you are going for, some are saying 8-12 weeks, but as my OH was under the E-LMO it took a couple of weeks after the employer was passed to apply for foreign workers.

there is a section in immagration that advised everyones timelines
If you advise what you do or maybe check cic site to see if you are elmo or lmo

gill
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Mine is a E-LMO in Alberta, it took nearly 7 weeks.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:16 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

wow thats a long time for a E-LMO

our employer applied on the 5th may and received all paperwork via fax on the 28th may, he faxed all the info through extra.
Now all we need to do is sell this house :curse:

What job was yours for??
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

betterlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Labour Market Opinions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your replies. My job offer is for an office manager/sales person working for a construction company. I have looked at the ELMO on the cic website. Sadly I don't think I can be anyone one the list unless.......... what exactly do they mean by surveyors helper? Anything that helps.

gill_andy_grew - hope you sell your house soon.

I have been to Canada 3 times in the last year and can not wait to move out there.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:22 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

If you look on the immigration side of the forum there is a huuuuuuuge thread about the length of time lmo's are or aren't taking!!!!!

Grab a huge drink and read through those!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

yes - grab a drink - alcohol tho!! You'll need it after reading it. We're still awaiting OH's and they applied in Alberta against a pre-approved LMO in March!!! I think it's got to be lost :curse:
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:07 pm
aru
Just Joined

aru is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. i just want to ask what's the difference between lmo and elmo. thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:34 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

My prospective company applied in Dec 07 recieved positive May 08.
Victoria,bc
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by aru
ELMO is much quicker. Check their website to see if you come under it. There's a list of jobs on there. LMO's for these jobs (or ELMO's) are pushed through quickly.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:17 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aru
A Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is an authorization that an employer has to receive in order to be able to offer a foreign worker a job. To get an LMO, the employer has to have advertised the job across Canada for 3 months. Only if no suitably qualified Canadian resident has applied for the job will the employer receive an LMO.

When an occupation appears on an Occupations Under Pressure list for a given province, the required advertising time is reduced considerably. I think I read somewhere that it was one week.

The Expedited Labour Market Opinion-Canada (E-LMO) pilot project applies only to Alberta and British Columbia. It lists some occupations that are eligible for immediate LMOs -- without any advertising. The quickest E-LMO that I remember reading about on this forum was issued within 4 business days. There are 33 occupations on the E-LMO list.
x
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:51 pm
aru
Just Joined

aru is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Judy, now I know.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

mine came back within a week. and you can get work permit at port of entry
Old Jun 15th 2008, 1:03 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arrona
mine came back within a week. and you can get work permit at port of entry
a certain group of people can get the wp directly at port of entry - in other words without applying to the proper visa post.

if the wiki would work i could have a look how it is worded there.

but from the top of my had you have to apply for a wp at the visapost (for most brits that would be chc london) if:

- your wp requires a medical examination, in other words if you work in health care, with children, elderly people or other similar vulnerable groups
- you need a temporary resident visa to enter canada, ie your country of origin isn't part of the visa waiver program

- you come to canada on a bunac visa, or another young workers program (which of course isn't applicable to people in this thread.)

congratulations and good luck anyways!

Last edited by lof; Jun 15th 2008 at 1:17 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.