Wikiposts

Knackered, any advice welcome

Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:05 am
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice
Default Knackered, any advice welcome

Just been advised this morning by CHC, that they never received last set of police reports, which were sent 28th November '09 by special delivery and at the moment I can't find the postal confirmation. These had to be sent within 3 days of their noification.
It was also stated that they cannot extend medicals, these expire Feb. 6th. Mrs OH is ready to forget the whole idea after 4 years (yesterday) since we first applied.
not sure where we go from here.........
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knackered, any advice welcome

Oh my god....really feel for you....we are approaching the 4 year mark (end Jan) but we have done the year tied up in a massive Federal Court challenge on a refusal. So chin up hun......tell your OH that it would be silly to throw in the towel now, when you have so much time and energy, not to mention money, tied up in your dream for a better life.

Did you get copies when you got the certificates? If so, send them in ....if not get some more....takes about two weeks. You may have to retake your medicals....more expense I know........but I don't think you are going to turn this around before Feb 6th....even though I hope that you can.

Sending lots of hugs to you both and hope you can get this sorted. If you do send off for some more...I think you can fast track it.....but it will cost more. I have a phone number for Acro (ACPO police checks) it is
0845 60 13 999, so you could chase it up.
Good luck
Stef

QUOTE=How long;8225887]Just been advised this morning by CHC, that they never received last set of police reports, which were sent 28th November '09 by special delivery and at the moment I can't find the postal confirmation. These had to be sent within 3 days of their noification.
It was also stated that they cannot extend medicals, these expire Feb. 6th. Mrs OH is ready to forget the whole idea after 4 years (yesterday) since we first applied.
not sure where we go from here.........[/QUOTE]

Last edited by lins and Stef McLachlan; Jan 7th 2010 at 12:16 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Originally Posted by How long
Just been advised this morning by CHC, that they never received last set of police reports, which were sent 28th November '09 by special delivery and at the moment I can't find the postal confirmation. These had to be sent within 3 days of their noification.
not sure where we go from here.........
Howlong I would order some more police certs immediately.
If you pay a bit more they sort them out quicker !
I would also bang off an email to CIC explaining what's happened.
I'm pretty certain they can extend your medical expiry date, up to 3 months I think.
I know you've already been p'd about a lot, but don't give it up when you've been waiting so long.
You could also get in touch with ACPO explaining the situation and asking them to get some more certs rushed through !
When we got our 3rd set of certs I talked to a young lady there and she was very helpful !
Go for it mate, don't let anything or anyone get in your way !
Might even have be worth taking the next certs down to the smoke personally when you get em !
Jimsan.

Last edited by Jimsan; Jan 7th 2010 at 2:02 am.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:33 am
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Howlong I would order some more police certs immediately.
If you pay a bit more they sort them out quicker !
I would also bang off an email to CIC explaining what's happened.
I'm pretty certain they can extend your medical expiry date, up to 3 months I think.
I know you've already been p'd about a lot, but don't give it up when you've been waiting so long.
You could also get in touch with ACPO explaining the situation and asking them to get some more certs rushed through !
When we got our 3rd set of certs I talked to a young lady there and she was very helpful !
Go for it mate, don't let anything or anyone get in your way !
Might even have be worth taking the next certs down to the smoke personally when you get em !
Jimsan.
Jimsan and others, just found out CHC signed for docs 30th Nov, last year !!
We had to get new records back to them within 1 month, only found out because we sent a case specific e-mail.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Jimsan and others, just found out CHC signed for docs 30th Nov, last year !!
We had to get new records back to them within 1 month, only found out because we sent a case specific e-mail.
Go for it San ! Don't give up !
Push em all the way !
Jimsan.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the others...it's your shared dream to make this happen so don't let another hurdle get in the way of making that dream happen. Keep persevering and deal with whatever gets in the way as it happens, however frustrating it is at the time. Show your wife our comments and give each other a big hug and carry on.....
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Howlong?

Don't give up now, you will probably regret it sometime down the line.

Keep ing Goodluck!

Poppit
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:51 pm
Banned

First of all thank you for the encouragement after yesterday's panic.
It didn't help that we couldn't find the Special Delivery receipt but after checking with local post office it turns out that CHC signed for doc's on Monday 30th November and after sending proof of receipt from Royal Mail website, suprise, suprise, they've found them !!!
We've just received the 2nd email of the morning sying that despite the fact that their office is responsible for mislaying all the 'final' information, they will still not extend the medicals but are we 'willing/able' (quote) to land before the medicals expire. As we've told them before it is impossible for Mrs OH to travel in January, so that means she has the 1st week in February to travel to Canada to get passport stamped IF.. IF CHC can sort everthing out their end.
Is this too much to expect ????
Old Jan 8th 2010, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Howlong?

Personally, I think they are being very inflexible given that they mislaid the information. Try emailing them again and asking them whether you will have completed before end of January and if not, can they extend for a month to give you chance to get organised and land. If they still remain inflexible, I'd do all I could to land; I realise that this is not ideal and that we have been very fortunate, but to throw the towel in now would probably be a big mistake for you. Try to remember why you wanted to live in Canada in the first place.

Goodluck with whatever you decide and I hope it all works out for you. Keeping

Poppit
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

First of all thank you for the encouragement after yesterday's panic.
It didn't help that we couldn't find the Special Delivery receipt but after checking with local post office it turns out that CHC signed for doc's on Monday 30th November and after sending proof of receipt from Royal Mail website, suprise, suprise, they've found them !!!
We've just received the 2nd email of the morning sying that despite the fact that their office is responsible for mislaying all the 'final' information, they will still not extend the medicals but are we 'willing/able' (quote) to land before the medicals expire. As we've told them before it is impossible for Mrs OH to travel in January, so that means she has the 1st week in February to travel to Canada to get passport stamped IF.. IF CHC can sort everthing out their end.
Is this too much to expect ????
Just read this thread, Hope they can sort it out for you in time, pleased you kept at it, keep us informed and keep smiling