Wikiposts

kind of visa

Old Nov 17th 2002, 1:14 am
Just Joined

ethan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kind of visa

hello experts!

i would like to ask you what's the best type of visa would i get. this is my situation...i am married to a canadia citizen and my hisband is thinking of applying spousal visa for me but personally, i dont like to go to canada on a permanent basis. i just want to go there for short visits or vacation or if i do want to stay there for good, now is just not the time, maybe 5 yrs from now. i understand that when you are given an immigrant visa, you are given a time frame to use it, if you failed then its already void. so what is the best visa we should get, spousal, immigrant or tourist visa?

thanks in advance!
Old Nov 17th 2002, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

khanma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: kind of visa

Originally posted by ethan
hello experts!

i would like to ask you what's the best type of visa would i get. this is my situation...i am married to a canadia citizen and my hisband is thinking of applying spousal visa for me but personally, i dont like to go to canada on a permanent basis. i just want to go there for short visits or vacation or if i do want to stay there for good, now is just not the time, maybe 5 yrs from now. i understand that when you are given an immigrant visa, you are given a time frame to use it, if you failed then its already void. so what is the best visa we should get, spousal, immigrant or tourist visa?

thanks in advance!
i think you should go for the immigrant visa because all you need to do to maintain permanent residency is be in canada a total of 730 days in a 5 year period. it doesn't have to be a continuous stay. if you don't want to go through the lengthy process of immigration you could try for a tourist visa but i would think it would be difficult for you to obtain one considering you have your husband in canada.
Old Nov 18th 2002, 2:55 am
Just Joined

ethan is an unknown quantity at this point

hello khanma

thanks for you reply