Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Kind of stupid question but curious

Kind of stupid question but curious

Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Kind of stupid question but curious

why do some rejected PR applicants get rejection stamp on their passports and others don't? I am referring to those who have applied from outside in india
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:09 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kind of stupid question but curious

Originally Posted by Boyee
why do some rejected PR applicants get rejection stamp on their passports and others don't? I am referring to those who have applied from outside in india
I never even knew that they did.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

CanadaHopefully is an unknown quantity at this point

They do wierd crap in some countries. I'v heard sometimes the officer will write some shit on the passport on visit, student visa rejection etc. They are technically not supposed to write anything.

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
I never even knew that they did.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:12 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaHopefully
They do wierd crap in some countries. I'v heard sometimes the officer will write some shit on the passport on visit, student visa rejection etc. They are technically not supposed to write anything.
they sometimes do and sometimes dont! but its not like writing on the passport; its just a stamp of ur application details and the date u get the rejection....
it dosent matter if u have it or not; they have the record anyways! but they normally stamp u when u are rejected for a temporary visa, be it a visitors visa or a student permit....
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amancharan
they sometimes do and sometimes dont! but its not like writing on the passport; its just a stamp of ur application details and the date u get the rejection....
it dosent matter if u have it or not; they have the record anyways! but they normally stamp u when u are rejected for a temporary visa, be it a visitors visa or a student permit....
Once you have been refused.. in my case conjugal partner.. can you reapply or is there a waiting period and can you use your medicals and PC certificate or do you have to start with all new again?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:43 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Once you have been refused.. in my case conjugal partner.. can you reapply or is there a waiting period and can you use your medicals and PC certificate or do you have to start with all new again?
I would think that you would need to have made some changes in your life for them to consider your new application; for example if you were to get married. If you were just to re-apply without anything new then I think Beau would be refused again.

If I was you, I would go to India and get married, stay there for a year and then apply for a Visitors Visa for Beau, come to Canada and apply internally under Spousal. I think the chances of him not getting his PR in this manner would be slim.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
I would think that you would need to have made some changes in your life for them to consider your new application; for example if you were to get married. If you were just to re-apply without anything new then I think Beau would be refused again.

If I was you, I would go to India and get married, stay there for a year and then apply for a Visitors Visa for Beau, come to Canada and apply internally under Spousal. I think the chances of him not getting his PR in this manner would be slim.
I would never consider using the conjugal partner route and I would discourage anyone from using it.

I have learned alot from this rejection and when we do it this time it will be done with much more wisdom.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:08 am
Premium Member

I would never consider using the conjugal partner route and I would discourage anyone from using it.

I have learned alot from this rejection and when we do it this time it will be done with much more wisdom.
That is the feedback I have always heard. Conjugal seems to be a very difficult one to get in on and they have now changed some of the criteria for it. Even my friend who is here on a work permit and has been living with her boyfriend for 2 years was told that her chances of being successful would be slim!!!! So she is applying under skilled worker from England now.

Go down the Spousal route Boyee, that would be my feelings. I think you have been treated pretty awfully though! One CIC office tells you that you are accepted for sponsering him, lawyer tells you the same and then CHC tells you no! Don't these people talk to each other for goodness sake! The rules should be the rules.....no quibble and no grey areas.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:54 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

True, the conjugal partner category is so hard to prove becuz in such cases, people havent even lived together.... CIC needs extensive evidence to be satisfied that u will live to be a happy couple....
anyways, the best way is to go to India and get married to beau! and contrary to what Tiaribbon suggested, its not feasible for him to try for a visitors visa! I tried it and was rejected!
and though it doesnt affect his PR chances, there is no point of another rejection, even if its a visitors visa :scared:
Plus, the visa officer told me at my interview that they dont grant visitor visas before an actual PR visa is sought.

so, i'll advice that u go and marry and him and apply for outside spousal! he'll get to u fast....
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amancharan
True, the conjugal partner category is so hard to prove becuz in such cases, people havent even lived together.... CIC needs extensive evidence to be satisfied that u will live to be a happy couple....
anyways, the best way is to go to India and get married to beau! and contrary to what Tiaribbon suggested, its not feasible for him to try for a visitors visa! I tried it and was rejected!
and though it doesnt affect his PR chances, there is no point of another rejection, even if its a visitors visa :scared:
Plus, the visa officer told me at my interview that they dont grant visitor visas before an actual PR visa is sought.

so, i'll advice that u go and marry and him and apply for outside spousal! he'll get to u fast....

you said that "the visa officer told me at my interview that they dont grant visitor visas before an actual PR visa is sought"
Since he did try for PR Visa and was refused, you think they would reject him if he did apply for another visitor visa? Just curious.