Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

kind advise on family sponsorship ( income thresh holi

kind advise on family sponsorship ( income thresh holi

Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:03 am
Just Joined

tony.flavian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kind advise on family sponsorship ( income thresh holi

dear all

i received my pr status 2 years ago and re entered canada last week to comply 2/5 years residence obligation. currently i am looking for jobs.

when i received my pr status i was single and one year later from my landing i got married and now we have a 6 months old baby .

i am so depressed to be away from them and looking desperately to sponsor my wife and the little baby asap. i read all cic web site and lot of threads in this forum but i couldn't find a comprehensive answer for my situation

i kindly request your valuable advise on the following few questions

1 - as per the website do i need to meet income threshold ( approx cad40k) to sponsor my wife and my son

2- if i need to prove my income level, can i declare my past 12 months income ( earned outside canada) to meet income threshold requirement ( in the sponsorship evaluation form , it requires to declare past 12 months income)

3- or do i need to find a job in canada and reach the required income thresh hold to sponsor my wife and son ?

4- in worst case could i bring them here to stay with my ( visitors visa) and later on sponsor them?

i appreciate you valuable advise on this matter

Last edited by tony.flavian; Mar 18th 2013 at 8:06 am.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kind advise on family sponsorship ( income thresh holi

Originally Posted by tony.flavian
dear all

i received my pr status 2 years ago and re entered canada last week to comply 2/5 years residence obligation. currently i am looking for jobs.

when i received my pr status i was single and one year later from my landing i got married and now we have a 6 months old baby .

i am so depressed to be away from them and looking desperately to sponsor my wife and the little baby asap. i read all cic web site and lot of threads in this forum but i couldn't find a comprehensive answer for my situation

i kindly request your valuable advise on the following few questions

1 - as per the website do i need to meet income threshold ( approx cad40k) to sponsor my wife and my son

2- if i need to prove my income level, can i declare my past 12 months income ( earned outside canada) to meet income threshold requirement ( in the sponsorship evaluation form , it requires to declare past 12 months income)

3- or do i need to find a job in canada and reach the required income thresh hold to sponsor my wife and son ?

4- in worst case could i bring them here to stay with my ( visitors visa) and later on sponsor them?

i appreciate you valuable advise on this matter
To put your mind at ease, there is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse and children. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/3900ETOC.asp

You will need to provide details of the last years income, however, if it was earned outside Canada you could provide those details instead. If you have any Tax documentation showing your earnings from then that would be the most acceptable.

I understand that you are trying to find employment (it's not easy, I know), but the sponsorship fees are quite a lot, will you be able to afford them right now without a job? With processing fee's, medicals, police certificates and the right of permanent residency fee's you are looking at around $2,000.

You haven't said where your wife is from; if she is from the UK she could certainly come over as a visitor for up to 6 months and then extend her time as a visitor should it be necessary.

If she is from elsewhere it would depend if it is a visa-exempt country or not.

Old Mar 19th 2013, 3:26 am
Just Joined

tony.flavian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: kind advise on family sponsorship ( income thresh holi

many thanks to siouxie,

i really appreciate your advise on my matter and it gave me a great relief,

past few years i lived/ worked in uae and they dont have a tax systems hence i would submit bank statements / employers letters to confirm my income level.

i ' ll also consider the option to bring her on visit

once again ,many thanks and have a great day