Wikiposts

The kids are alright!

Old Sep 7th 2009, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default The kids are alright!

Quick question,
probably me being 'Dolly Dimple'!
Whilst filling in some paper work I came across a question that has me completely at a loss
So here it is:
Are there children who will not be accompanying

Problem
1. Youngest daughter is 18 years old but will remain in the UK to complete further education etc for another 2 years
2. Do I put her on the list? Or is she classed as no longer a dependent?
3. Have another daughter but she is over 21 and married (so she is kicked to the kerb!)
4. My head hurts!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The kids are alright!

Thanks - decided to bury kid in garden so now I dont need to fill it in on the form, much easier!
I think she is still breathing I heard some screams about 10 minutes ago about she will tidy her room or something!
Hey ho!
So thanks for the replies!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

aww dinger, Im sure someone will be along soon. Im sorry I cant offer you any advice., best wishes.

Mel.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by dinger24
Quick question,
probably me being 'Dolly Dimple'!
Whilst filling in some paper work I came across a question that has me completely at a loss
So here it is:
Are there children who will not be accompanying

Problem
1. Youngest daughter is 18 years old but will remain in the UK to complete further education etc for another 2 years
2. Do I put her on the list? Or is she classed as no longer a dependent?
3. Have another daughter but she is over 21 and married (so she is kicked to the kerb!)
4. My head hurts!
1. The 18 year old I assume you are going to include in the application, she would "land" and return to complete her education? So she is accompanying.
2. The 21 years is no longer a dependent.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

Our 19 yr old is staying on in UK to finish Uni but we're including him on the application as 'accompanying'.
Its up to you but it sounds like it would be ok to go dig her up now and include her on the forms!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guys and Girls
Thank you!
I will get the shovel out the hut and start digging her up, once I finish my cuppa, (teenagers! Huh what are they like?)
The problem was she would be in the UK until she was 3 months short of her 21st birthday! So we just werent sure if we should include her, then at that age will she want to come over or not, how would that affect our application?
Ooops hold on I think the wife just went over the daughters head with the grass cutter!
Shes ok but her hair is a bit short!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

It shouldn't affect your application...she'd have PR and its irrelevant where she studies...UK or Canada. The real problem will be how she maintains her PR (2 out if 5 yrs in Canada). Our son will fly in and out and then decide at the end of his degree where he wants to live...no way I can predict what he'll decide, its up to him! If he loses his PR and later decides he does want to live in Canada then he'll have to fathom that one out himself....maybe one of his sisters might sponsor him?!!
Lawnmower haircut will no doubt be seen in a positive light by a teenager...but don't forget to water her if you haven't dug her up yet!!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northernlass1
If he loses his PR and later decides he does want to live in Canada then he'll have to fathom that one out himself....maybe one of his sisters might sponsor him?!!
His sister wouldn't be able to sponsor him unfortunately. If he decides against maintaining his PR, and then changed his mind at a later date, he'd have to qualify for a visa in his own right as none of you could sponsor him.

Just something to bear in mind and make him aware of anyway.

Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info christmasoompa.....something else for him to consider!!
Like the Mark Twain quote by the way...
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for this its made the mud a bit clearer!
As for the daughter in the garden she seems fine at the moment we put a couple of gnomes beside her and it makes a lovely garden feature, wife isnt to sure about it she has tripped over it a couple of times but she'll get used to it!
Really I think we will put her on the form and she should be around the 2 in 5 mark once you count up the time, time off from college etc.
But I just know that she will change her mind by the time you read this!