Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Kenney on about scrapping the backlog....

Kenney on about scrapping the backlog....

Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

yu mama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kenney on about scrapping the backlog....

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
If you look at his timeline, Waggle appears to be already here!

Yep he seems tohave his landing already maybe he just speaking up for others less fortunate
Old Mar 12th 2012, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fletcher m
IMO, small price to pay to get rid of a whinging pom! Get over yourself for christsake. Wait your turn or reapply. I am so fed up of reading your views, I think everyone knows how you feel about it. Give it a bloody rest!
Ok, Mr Aggression, firstly please note I don't need to wait my turn or reapply because I AM ALREADY A CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENT LIVING IN CANADA. So maybe get your facts straight before lashing out, huh?

If you don't like the contents of this thread, nobody is forcing you to read it.

I am writing in this thread because I feel genuine sympathy for those who have waited for many years and now face the prospect of their applications being binned. My passion on this subject is for concern of others, not myself.

If sympathy isn't something you're comfortable with, and/or if you are fed up of reading my views, feel free not to visit this forum or read my posts.

But no, I won't be "giving it a rest" because a snappy, aggressive person like you orders me to.

Wayne.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 12:47 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Please give it a rest. The topic has been exhausted and there is nothing we can do about it either.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Please give it a rest. The topic has been exhausted and there is nothing we can do about it either.
With respect Jim, no I won't "give it a rest".

I don't tell you when to post and not post, please extend me the same courtesy.

Anybody, including you, not wishing to participate in this thread is not obliged to take part in it or read it.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Bang out of order! The point is we have been waiting our turn and yet people are getting to cut in line.
There are a LOT of very frustraited, worried and down right frightened people here discussing what could happen, and looking for reassurance, help and support, a little sensitivity would not go amiss!
Well said.

Last edited by Waggle; Mar 12th 2012 at 2:11 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Public forum, my opinion. Waggle has been banging on about this for ages, the point that I had not realised is that he has landed! There has been plenty of people on the wrong side of a decision, I hope you get your wish and manage to get to Canada, but I suspect many won't have any say in what happens to them, unless of course you choose the TWP PNP and PR or you get in through PR with the lucky 29 skills. Stop moaning and do something about it. Doing nothing is likely to lead to you going nowhere. fletch
This thread is 4 days old, and 4 pages long.

There are threads on here months, sometimes years, old which are dozens of pages long, and I don't see many people term these as "banging on about this for ages".

As you say, I have already landed. I am only vocalising this because I feel sympathy for others.

I did not realise that was such a bad thing?

Indeed, we may not have any direct say or influence in what will happen. But this is supposed to be a discussion forum. Not a forum only for those with direct influence over CIC.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

whatever side of the fence you sit on you will always have the nay sayers,but i think we all have the right to our views and opinions .
I think that the backlog could be cleared if people had the correct info,Canada is a great country but it is not full of jobs as the emigration companies would have people believe.
Now that is just my opinion and others may disagree.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:39 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
With respect Jim, no I won't "give it a rest".

I don't tell you when to post and not post, please extend me the same courtesy.

Anybody, including you, not wishing to participate in this thread is not obliged to take part in it or read it.
I said please and asked politely.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I said please and asked politely.
And I replied politely.

But if you don't like how far a thread is going, you can simply stop reading it. You've no right to tell people, however politely, that they can't continue the thread's discussion.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigals
whatever side of the fence you sit on you will always have the nay sayers,but i think we all have the right to our views and opinions .
I think that the backlog could be cleared if people had the correct info,Canada is a great country but it is not full of jobs as the emigration companies would have people believe.
Now that is just my opinion and others may disagree.
Well you are certainly right that Canada is not "full of jobs" My wife is on the supposed in-demand list, and after 3 months in Canada working in transitional shopwork job, has only just managed to get to the interview stage for a science company. It's been a tough nut to crack.

But then I am of the growing opinion that FSW1 is somewhat flawed. The list is practically out of date as its released and is certainly out of date by the time the applicants are processed.

The backlog, IMO, can neither be instantly absorbed into Canada, nor can it be thrown into the garbage can like it never existed.

FSW1 doesn't really work adequately. IMO, ditch FSW1 for new applicants, and instead introduce an LMO-exemption system for in-demand occupations, and review the in-demand list more regularly.

Then with the saving in new application intake CIC can tackle the backlog over the next few years concurrently with processing FSW2 applications. This also means that new FSW immigrants won't be coming to Canada without a job, but the LMO exemption should make it easier for immigrants who have in-demand skills to secure jobs.

Anyway, I am sorry if I sounded argumentative and snappy, I guess a few people just managed to get on my wrong side

I'll stop posting on this subject now unless I can think of anything new to say on the matter.

Wayne.

Last edited by Waggle; Mar 12th 2012 at 5:04 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

yu mama is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, Mr Aggression, firstly please note I don't need to wait my turn or reapply because I AM ALREADY A CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENT LIVING IN CANADA. So maybe get your facts straight before lashing out, huh?

If you don't like the contents of this thread, nobody is forcing you to read it.

I am writing in this thread because I feel genuine sympathy for those who have waited for many years and now face the prospect of their applications being binned. My passion on this subject is for concern of others, not myself.

If sympathy isn't something you're comfortable with, and/or if you are fed up of reading my views, feel free not to visit this forum or read my posts.

But no, I won't be "giving it a rest" because a snappy, aggressive person like you orders me to.

Wayne.

Like I said I hope we were on here to maybe give good advice/support one another, not bash each other's heads in..
I must say that I was a little worried for my older children due to a right mess up with a rogue immgration consultant, my kids lost out in the application process that I applied for, only my younger ones were the lucky ones ...Fortunately for them they're going back to school here so they'll get their stay through the graduate system, but I really do feel it for others who have waited a long time to come to Canada only to read something like this.. kinda scary!!!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I think if CIC failed to fairly assess and give me due process on the service I had paid for, I would look to not only be demanding a full refund of the processing fees, but also:

1) Return of the compound interest profit CIC had made on my fees during all those years
2) Costs of document notarization, PCCs, IELTS tests and any other application costs I had incurred during the entire time of my application.

If CIC would cancel my application then they should return ALL of the costs incurred. Times that by 300,000 - and we're talking a lot of money. And the moment one person takes CIC to court, and wins, there is precedent for the other 299,999.....

Then of course there is the greyer area of costs as a result of putting life on hold whilst waiting for the decision for 3,4,5,6,7 years, only to be scrapped. People waiting all this time deserve, and are entitled to be, processed.

Wayne.
Good luck with that. If it is legilsated and complies with the constitution, all your arguments are irrelevant. Parliament could, in theory, legislate to retain the fees as well!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:17 am

And I replied politely.

But if you don't like how far a thread is going, you can simply stop reading it. You've no right to tell people, however politely, that they can't continue the thread's discussion.
You know I did not tell you - I asked you politely.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

You know I did not tell you - I asked you politely.
Ok Jim, sorry if I seemed to snap I understand your intentions weren't hostile, I think fletcher m's quite nasty post had angered me by that point, so you were just next in the firing line.

However, for future reference please note that I won't stop posting on any given thread because a few individuals are tired of reading what I am writing, so, respectfully, you might save yourself the bother of asking in future. The solution in my view is simply for those people to stop reading if they are fed up of it. Those that are still interested in actively discussing the thread can continue.

As I said, we've had threads go on for months and months with dozens and dozens of pages. I really didn't see how this thread which was going for a few pages and a few days was such a big deal. I personally didn't find the topic exhausted and at least some people seemed to agree.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:17 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

If you want to help people, give them advice that takes them forward, stop bleeting on about things that you have no control over and is pointless.

Do you realy think that what you have stated helps anyone? I do hope you get it. My last post on this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.