Just some Information about IEC

Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Elsquigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just some Information about IEC

Hello everyone,

So i've been doing a little research into the IEC and I'm aware that the visas aren't released until December/January time as a guideline. However I was curious as to the how much demand these visas have, is it like a music festival where they're gone in seconds?

If this is the case is it possible to complete the application online early, make sure its 100% perfect and just pay and submit as soon as possible after the window opens?

Additionally are there any pitfalls or common mistakes I could avoid to give me the best chance?

I appreciate this has probably been asked 1000 times, I just want the same shot as everyone else.

Thanks for your time.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just some Information about IEC

Originally Posted by Elsquigo
Hello everyone,

So i've been doing a little research into the IEC and I'm aware that the visas aren't released until December/January time as a guideline. However I was curious as to the how much demand these visas have, is it like a music festival where they're gone in seconds?

If this is the case is it possible to complete the application online early, make sure its 100% perfect and just pay and submit as soon as possible after the window opens?

Additionally are there any pitfalls or common mistakes I could avoid to give me the best chance?

I appreciate this has probably been asked 1000 times, I just want the same shot as everyone else.

Thanks for your time.
Exactly like concert tickets, there will be no warning of when they are posted so I would check the site daily from nov onwards, usuall noon till 5.

Last two years I managed to get through they where all gone within 20 mins. They do them in stages so don't panic if you don't get through on first attempt. I got through 2nd round last year.

All you can do to prepare is be a fast Typer and know what username password you would like to use, check the guidelines as the password needs to consist of certain characters which I can't think of off the top of my head.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your time.
If you search the IEC thread, you'll find plenty of info on pitfalls, mistakes, etc, as well as minute by minute accounts from those applying in 2014 - iirc, visas went in something like 7 minutes!

But a proper look at the long running IEC thread and a search of it will give you much more info.

Good luck.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response, so I've just created a kompass account and started putting in my information, its allowed me to do that! Is that wrong? Can I not prepare all the information first then just log in and submit it once the visa window is open?

Where can I find this thread, I'm new to this!

Last edited by Elsquigo; Oct 28th 2014 at 7:40 am.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the quick response, so I've just created a kompass account and started putting in my information, its allowed me to do that! Is that wrong? Can I not prepare all the information first then just log in and submit it once the visa window is open?
No all are void when it opens u will have to create a new one but at least you know what's required.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Yeah thats awesome, I have more information now just a shame I'm a slow typer! had better get some practise in.