just a question...

Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just a question...

hi all!

so i'm going to be landing as a PR in a week, now i dont have any goods to follow just goods accompanying. For my goods accompanying list, its just my two suitcases and a carry on. on the list shall i just state exactly whats in there generalised, i.e clothes, toiletries, gifts. and then i shouldn't have to pay any tax on what i bring in correct?

someone mentioned before that there is a different landing card for permanent residents and canadians. what exactly does it ask you?

thanks for the help in advance!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a question...

Originally Posted by zoec
hi all!

so i'm going to be landing as a PR in a week, now i dont have any goods to follow just goods accompanying. For my goods accompanying list, its just my two suitcases and a carry on. on the list shall i just state exactly whats in there generalised, i.e clothes, toiletries, gifts. and then i shouldn't have to pay any tax on what i bring in correct?

someone mentioned before that there is a different landing card for permanent residents and canadians. what exactly does it ask you?

thanks for the help in advance!
GTF... yes, you have the right idea. For a suitcase or two I dont think you need all that much detail.

Far as I know the landing card is the same for everyone...
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...s/e311-eng.pdf
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

sorry I can't answer your question, but I wanted to wish you luck and congratulations on getting your pr!!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

aah thankyou! its nice to know that i have my PR now and not just on a work permit!

i guess ill just fill out the residents of canada bit then i guess...thank you for the help
Old Jun 21st 2010, 2:27 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

The landing acrd is the same for evryone.
We got confused because we couldn't work out if we needed to fill in the residents or the visitors bit.

We filled in what we could and explained to the very nice lady behind the counter that we were landing as PRs.

She then showed us what bits we needed to fill in
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

That's what i was unsure about, however on the visitor bit it does say when will you be leaving canada and the purpose of your trip, which doesn't apply, so i think ill just fill out the resident section. i can always redo it if they don't like it!

thanks for your advice!