Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just picked up PR visa - but minor error on COPR

Wikiposts

Just picked up PR visa - but minor error on COPR

Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:12 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default Just picked up PR visa - but minor error on COPR

Hi everyone

Delighted to say I just picked up or permanent residence visas from CHC. However, I found a minor error on the COPR.

It says that my husband is my "common law partner". This was true at the time of application, but we have since submitted proof of marriage (with the updated forms in July).

The letter says we should notify CHC immediately of any error. Given that this error is very minor, could it be simply corrected on arrival at port of entry? Or do I need to notify CHC London?

Thanks very much.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:39 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just picked up PR visa - but minor error on COPR

It may or may not be corrected at POE as it is rather substantial error. Send email to CHC and ask for instructions.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:17 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Thanks, Andrew. I have sent an email.

Wonder if I can go visit the CHC during the general opening hours to check? I know it says "no general enquiries" on the website - but this is not exactly general.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:44 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You may try, why not.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:00 am
Elusive dreamer

Hi everyone

Just to let you know - error has been corrected and we now have visas and COPR which we can land with. :-)