Just landed, no more worry

Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Jill-D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just landed, no more worry

Hi,

I have just come back from Peace Arch after my landing. It took me about 1 hour to drove there from UBC, and returned before reach the US customs. It was an easy job for Canadian custom as I have nothing to bring in. I have been in Vancouver for 3.5 years. The whole landing took about 20 min, the immigration officer said nothing to me, but just filled the CPR and asked me to sign it and finally to congradulate me to become a landed immigrant.

My terrible timeline:

Janurary 30, 2002, application was received by Buffalo
May 2002, AOR
April 2003, Interview waiver
Sep 2003, further information
and then nothing until Janurary 2005 I asked the local MP for help
March 17, 2005, PPR
March 22, 2005, passport received by Buffalo
April 08, 2005 visa stamped
April 11, 2005 decision made in E-Client
April 14, 2005 passport with visa and CPR reached the UBC mail service centre
collected and drove to US for landing
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just landed, no more worry

Hi Jill,

Congratulations on your successfull landing! I would appreciate if you could post a few details about your case here;

1. When did you submit your medicals?

2. Were you asked to redo the medicals? If so, when did you do your second medicals?

3. Which country are you from (pl note this is just to compare the time taken for sec/background checks).

Hope you would reply to the above queries.

Reagrds

D Reddy

Originally Posted by Jill-D
Hi,

I have just come back from Peace Arch after my landing. It took me about 1 hour to drove there from UBC, and returned before reach the US customs. It was an easy job for Canadian custom as I have nothing to bring in. I have been in Vancouver for 3.5 years. The whole landing took about 20 min, the immigration officer said nothing to me, but just filled the CPR and asked me to sign it and finally to congradulate me to become a landed immigrant.

My terrible timeline:

May 2002, AOR
March 17, 2005, PPR
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:54 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jill-D
Hi,

My terrible timeline:

May 2002, AOR
March 17, 2005, PPR
cheers Jill!!
congrats on ur success..
but tell me something; ur decision made came up on ur E-cas, after u got the visa stamped! is it always like that?? i mean do they stamp the visa before changing the E-cas to decision made??
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

~**~*~*~congratulations Jill*~**~~

WOW you did have a tough time of it.....now you truly can relax...*VBS*~
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Jill-D is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not know really. It seemed that E-cas is always changed on Monday, so I think in my case, they stamped a visa on my passports on previous Thursday, and changed the e-cas on next Monday.

To the first follow-up. My medical was expired in Janurary 2005, so I have to land before April 30, 2005, which is only 3 weeks from the day visa was stamped, but they might know that I can land immediately upon the receiving of my passport. I even did not receive any B4 or B4A.

Originally Posted by amancharan
cheers Jill!!
congrats on ur success..
but tell me something; ur decision made came up on ur E-cas, after u got the visa stamped! is it always like that?? i mean do they stamp the visa before changing the E-cas to decision made??
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:22 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Jill, you have been so patient!! That is an awful timeline - you have to wonder what they get up to in Buffalo......and I thank my lucky stars that we didn't apply there too (almost did but thankfully they changed the rules before we had a chance to get all our documentation together.)

Anyway you can relax now....you deserve a break.