Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just Getting Ready to send off our Application 3 question please help

Just Getting Ready to send off our Application 3 question please help

Old Aug 19th 2015, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just Getting Ready to send off our Application 3 question please help

So My Wife is hoping to sponsor me for the immigration forms i think that we have completed everything i just have 2 questions.

1 our first child is due at the end of this month. We will be applying for the baby to have a Canadian passport as the baby's mother is canadian... Do we need to include the baby on the application form??? If so in what fashion????

2. In the Spouse questionnaire form i am including loads of photos of us together . We have been married for 1 year and dating before that for 7 so you can clearly see us getting older. are photos of us enough or do i need to include flight tickets, or holiday booking confirmations etc as well....

3. Again on the spouse questionnaire question 24. is about maintaining contact. We live together and have done since 2009 can i just put that not really sure what else to put for maintaining contact we sykpe or FB message if we are on holiday without each other but do they really want to see these messages....

Many thanks in advance for all you help guys
Old Aug 19th 2015, 5:42 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Getting Ready to send off our Application 3 question please help

Have a read of the faq linked in my signature, then post back if you still have questions.

Best of luck!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Just Getting Ready to send off our Application 3 question please help

Hi Schnookololy,

i have used the faq and your wiki how to guide to prepare our submission so far at it is extremely useful thank you. I am still struggling with the above questions though thanks.

Also when we have submitted we would very much like to be added to the spreadsheet thanks...

Neil
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:36 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
So My Wife is hoping to sponsor me for the immigration forms i think that we have completed everything i just have 2 questions.

1 our first child is due at the end of this month. We will be applying for the baby to have a Canadian passport as the baby's mother is canadian... Do we need to include the baby on the application form??? If so in what fashion????

2. In the Spouse questionnaire form i am including loads of photos of us together . We have been married for 1 year and dating before that for 7 so you can clearly see us getting older. are photos of us enough or do i need to include flight tickets, or holiday booking confirmations etc as well....

3. Again on the spouse questionnaire question 24. is about maintaining contact. We live together and have done since 2009 can i just put that not really sure what else to put for maintaining contact we sykpe or FB message if we are on holiday without each other but do they really want to see these messages....

Many thanks in advance for all you help guys
Ok I think I can help with number 1... As the baby will be Canadian by descent you would not need to put on the application form and as not born yet you certainly can't include any information. I was pregnant when we applied for PR and living in Canada - we notified CIC after his birth but didn't need to add to application as he is a citizen by birth.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

ok thats great thanks i kind of thought that the baby will be born before we apply so not sure i need to just add them as a dependent. But wont need to get the medicals etc done...
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

The baby is not a dependent for PR sponsorship purposes, if s/he is entitled to Canadian citizenship.

Are you presently outside Canada?

If so, you may like to have a look at
Application for a citizenship certificate (adults and minors)
and the processing times;

Also, you may be able to apply for a temporary passport before the child is 2 years old, if outside Canada.

Last edited by Shirtback; Aug 20th 2015 at 4:29 am.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 3:44 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Bah, I know I said to use the FAQ and you said you've found it... just pointing out that I didn't realize that signatures don't post if you post from mobile! BAH.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Shirtback yes we are outside Canada,

Living in London at the moment.

Have now booked my medical and hopefully will have our application in by the end of September fingers crossed...