Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just filed for spousal sponsorship... Wife expecting!!

Just filed for spousal sponsorship... Wife expecting!!

Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

tipmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just filed for spousal sponsorship... Wife expecting!!

Dear immigration experts,

I went overseas and got married few weeks ago. I just sent CIC my sponsorship file. Wife just found out she's expecting. (You can tell we wasted no time getting busy). Can you please advise if her pregnancy will delay her joining me in Canada.

Thank you all
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Just filed for spousal sponsorship... Wife expecting!!

Originally Posted by tipmaster
Dear immigration experts,

I went overseas and got married few weeks ago. I just sent CIC my sponsorship file. Wife just found out she's expecting. (You can tell we wasted no time getting busy). Can you please advise if her pregnancy will delay her joining me in Canada.

Thank you all
no. I dont think it will affect anything. Just be sure that you inform them if the baby is born before you get your visa.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

What you mean by "I just sent CIC my sponsorship file"?

With spousal sponsorship you must submit not only your application to sponsor package but also sponsored spouses PR application package with all required evidence including receipt for medicals done by sponsored spouse.

If you submitted it all and your application package is complete with 100% conclusive evidence proving that it is a bona fide relationship then approval of sponsor should be completed in about a month in Mississauga and then PR application within another few months in visa post abroad.

If your wife already passed medicals (as she should have prior to applying) and can come to Canada before she won't be able to board the plane and baby will be born in Canada then nothing will affect the process.

If she won't come earlier and gives birth abroad, before her visa is issued you will have to add baby to the sponsorship/PR process if you are not a Canadian citizen. If you are citizen then you'll have to obtain proof of citizenship and Canadian passport for the baby before they can come.

If baby is born abroad after visa is issued and you are not Canadian citizen then visa must be returned and you must ask visa post for instructions how to proceed. If you are citizen then you'll have to obtain proof of citizenship and Canadian passport for the baby before they can come.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

tipmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a bit of a relief. Thank you both. I filed complete application. Crossing my fingers that all goes well.

Cheers