Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just done our Medicals..our story & a couple of questions...!

Just done our Medicals..our story & a couple of questions...!

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just done our Medicals..our story & a couple of questions...!

Originally Posted by S.Beckett
I hope you are still reading this thread. I am thinking of Bridgewater for my medicals and what I wanted to ask you was how long did it take for them to send your results to CHC London. Were they quick? And did they provide you with the tracking number?
Also, one more question of a rather delicate nature: Is taking pap smear results with you absolutely necessary?
Thanks.
I had my medicals in Oxford and took my previous smear results as if had not had one for a year would of needed one then!

We didn't get any tracking details and although the medical centre couried results CIC still managed to lose our results and had to sent again last week.

Good Luck
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lisahjah
We didn't get any tracking info as I think they returned everything electronically,(CHC London) are getting read for everyone to eventually return electronically. They returned everything by the end of the end of the week as we had our medicals at the beginning of the week. Yes you do need your pap smear result if it is not upto date, I just emailed my letter with the result the day after my medical as I was waiting for the result to come back.
Thank you so much for this. Great help.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
I had my medicals in Oxford and took my previous smear results as if had not had one for a year would of needed one then!

We didn't get any tracking details and although the medical centre couried results CIC still managed to lose our results and had to sent again last week.

Good Luck
Thanks! What bad luck. One wouldn't think CHC would 'lose' results!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Michelleld is an unknown quantity at this point

We didn't get any tracking info as I think they returned everything electronically,(CHC London) are getting read for everyone to eventually return electronically. They returned everything by the end of the end of the week as we had our medicals at the beginning of the week. Yes you do need your pap smear result if it is not upto date, I just emailed my letter with the result the day after my medical as I was waiting for the result to come back.
I was wondering if you could tell me what your result looked like?

Was it just a letter from the doctor saying your results were clear or was it more like a lab test result?

The reason I'm asking is that I've had my medical done here in France last week and the doctor never mentioned anything about a pap smear test! But I had a pap test done 4 months ago.... Do I just get a letter from my Gynecologist saying that the test was all clear or do I need a copy of the lab test that he was sent?

God this is so stressful.......and I was so looking forward to getting the medical request!!!

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Lisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really niceLisahjah is just really nice

Originally Posted by Michelleld
I was wondering if you could tell me what your result looked like?

Was it just a letter from the doctor saying your results were clear or was it more like a lab test result?

The reason I'm asking is that I've had my medical done here in France last week and the doctor never mentioned anything about a pap smear test! But I had a pap test done 4 months ago.... Do I just get a letter from my Gynecologist saying that the test was all clear or do I need a copy of the lab test that he was sent?

God this is so stressful.......and I was so looking forward to getting the medical request!!!

Thanks
Yes it was just a letter from the clinic saying my result was clear. No test results as such. Once you've had your medical you'll wonder what you were stressing over.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Michelleld is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it was just a letter from the clinic saying my result was clear. No test results as such. Once you've had your medical you'll wonder what you were stressing over.
Thanks for that I'll give my gynaecologist a call next week. I hope so!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Very helpful original post!

The link to the questions has now put me in a panic. I honestly can't remember every single time I've been in the doctors.....and what it was for (nor for the kids for that matter).

Anyone know the significance of an inspection for tattoos?! I have two and my OH is heavily tattooed (former tattoo artist). Do they think we are an HIV risk (or just dodgy all round)? Anyone else with tattoos been through meds?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Kaye5

The link to the questions has now put me in a panic. I honestly can't remember every single time I've been in the doctors.....and what it was for (nor for the kids for that matter).

Anyone know the significance of an inspection for tattoos?! I have two and my OH is heavily tattooed (former tattoo artist). Do they think we are an HIV risk (or just dodgy all round)? Anyone else with tattoos been through meds?

Tattoos, means HIV test as well as Hep test.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Right - thanks for the warning. Presumably they will test me as well as him - seeing as if he had either, chances are I would too. Scary thought.

At least I know where he had tattoos done and that all the hygiene standards were spot on (our own studio).
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:37 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaye5

The link to the questions has now put me in a panic
hiya, glad its still helping people on here, I had forgotten about this post as 2 months ago seems oh so far away now, especially as we got the result in the end!!

I know what you mean about the link. I didn't know about it before meds, just after. Try not to read it too much in detail and dissect it. I realised when reading it afterwards that my doc skimmed some things and phrased some questions differently.

Good luck
Katie
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Where is the link? Sorry if I've missed it as I'm ony phone!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:50 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rockspie
Where is the link? Sorry if I've missed it as I'm ony phone!
Hiya,check post #8 or this link

http://immican.chat.ru/imm5419e.pdf

Katie
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hiya,check post #8 or this link

http://immican.chat.ru/imm5419e.pdf

Katie
Thank you, I'd completely missed it lol
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Per current DMP handbook, the medical includes "HIV testing for everyone aged 15 years or over, as well as for children who have received blood or blood products, or have a known HIV mother." Same for Syphillis.

Hepatitis looks like it's an optional test based on risk factors, but who knows, they may ask for a test for it just in case, since they're already taking blood.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

juicyred is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

For women having their medicals done, is a PAP test standard? From all the descriptions I've read, some physicians do them and some don't.

And if it is or isn't standard, is there a CIC document that states this?

Thanks,

Jo-Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.